Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judge has had a runny nose since Saturday although it seemed better today. However he had one loose stool today so I am concerned he is getting sick. He is still eating normally and has had no changes in diet or routine. He also acts fine, has plenty of energy and seems happy. If this continues tomorrow I will call vet for sure but was wondering if it is just a puppy cold or bug.

Any advice or experience?

Thank you!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about a runny nose if all else is fine. My dogs get runny noses once in a while (usually when it is cold outside). The loose stool is more important to keep an eye on if it continues.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I am keeping a close eye on him. He had another loose stool tonight but ate his dinner as normal and continues to act fine. I will call vet tomorrow if there is no improvement.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I would have him checked out to be on the safe side. It could be the start of something and getting it early will nip it in the bud.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No improvement (although he is still eating and full of energy!). We have an appointment with the vet this afternoon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts