Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mia
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mia, who is almost a year old, seems to have developed one eye that runs a bit. This is new for her and I have noticed that she while both eyes have a small amount of daily "crust" her left eye has become a bit more runny, even producing a tiny amount of green goop.

We had her 100% evaluated when we got her about 6 weeks ago and she was given a clean bill of health. We did change her food from Purina 1 to Orijen and this has gone well.

The only incidents of note have been there we have taken at least 8 or 10 ticks off her since her arrival. We walk in the woods and here in Central Massachusetts, there seems to be a limitless number of ticks.

Her energy, appetite and behavior is otherwise normal.

Is this eye thing just a "Golden thing" or does it deserve further investigation? I plan to post a different thread about using flea and tick prevention meds.

Thanks!

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
This is pretty common and my newer dogs get it every time I bring home a shelter dog (My older dog NEVER gets it, or kennel cough). Eye drops from the vet will clear it up but do get some. Left untreated for many months, eye infections can cause damage- plus they are highly contageous.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Rookie went through this and the eye drops cleared it up pretty quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts