41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
who cares? been there done that!
5th january and I haven't even bought a new calendar! Thats how I feel.
When something good happens in my life there's always someone out there ready to screw it up.
Thank god I've got me dogs

Huh?????????

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
:)

I love the Daisy pillow story. One day straight out of the blue I looked on e-bay and there was a beautiful tapestry pillow with Daisy's photograph. We all know our own photographs, I recognized it instantly.

At first I was shocked, and I may even have been a little bit angry, feeling like something had been stolen from me. But after awhile, I just began to realize what a gift it was. Someone loved my photo of Daisy enough to have it made into a tapestry fabric, and then made lovely decorative throw pillows from it and began selling them on e-bay. I myself would never have been able to do that.

Everytime I look at my Daisy pillow, I am so flattered. I have no idea how many are out there, it's just a good feeling to know that Daisy graces the homes of more people than just mine :heartbeat

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
OK, I have been paranoid about this and now am more so. What happened with Daisy's pic and others? I am not familiar with this.

I have alot of photos here and on GR Weekly. I did have one photo lifted by another website without my permission but it wasn't used to make money.
ARRGH!
Oh, it's an old story, but Jo Ellen was very surprised when an old friend posted a picture of her new pillow she purchased off of ebay. There were other GR's on the pillow too and I was able to find those photos on a forum. Gave me a headache searching for them! LOL

I guess someone decided to make fabric from the photos and sell it. The person who made the pillows, she/he also made beautiful tablerunners, had nothing to do with the photos being used. She purchased the fabric through a company.

As Jo Ellen states, after getting over the initial shock, it's kind of cool too have your dogs photo sitting a someone else's livingroom (not her words). I certainly wouldn't mind seeing my two on a pillow. I loved seeing Shadow in the GR magazine and his HD story.

This incident isn't why I don't use the forum's gallery and this forum had nothing to do with the "fabric" photos at all. They were not posted here. They were posted elsewhere.

Hope this explanation helps. I forget that I have a long history with some forum members. I think it goes back to 2003. A lot can happen!

Sorry Jo! I thought Goldensonly bought the pillow and posted it for all of us to see. I'm gettin' old!

I wouldn't think twice about entering the monthly contest. In fact, I did! Someone can use any photo posted anywhere. I'm sure even copyrighted photos have been used without permission in some instances.

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Yeah Kimm, you and I are oldtimers ;)

Goldensonly posted an ebay link on another forum about golden retriever pillows. I skipped over that link several times, I'd never even looked at e-bay before. But one day out of sheer boredom I decided to take a look ... and lo and behold, what did I find. WOW LOL.

Never say never :D

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
I sent her my original photograph and she said they did, indeed, look "similar." I assured her that was my photograph. She was worried, for whatever reason so she was being defensive. I have no idea if the seller is the one who "lifted" my photo. Who knows. It's not worth it to me to pursue.

And I did buy the pillows yes, though I agree on principal, I should have received them for free. Life isn't fair, but it sure is fun sometimes :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
what I meant was I only entered the comp a couple of times and actually won in august. I was really pleased.
Then someone messed the whole calendar thing up and the rest of us get stuffed up!
Cheeses me right off!
As Homer Simpson said 'trying is the 1st step to disappointment'
And after this debacle I totally agree.

·
Registered
479 Posts
When something good happens in my life there's always someone out there ready to screw it up.
At the risk of getting into trouble, I can't hold my tongue on this one tonite.
I would suggest you look around and be **** thankful for EVERYTHING! It isn't always someone else that screws up your life. From my own experience, many times it is yourself. Be grateful about the good things instead of complaining about only the bad. GEESH!

·
2,472 Posts
:)

I love the Daisy pillow story. One day straight out of the blue I looked on e-bay and there was a beautiful tapestry pillow with Daisy's photograph. We all know our own photographs, I recognized it instantly.

At first I was shocked, and I may even have been a little bit angry, feeling like something had been stolen from me. But after awhile, I just began to realize what a gift it was. Someone loved my photo of Daisy enough to have it made into a tapestry fabric, and then made lovely decorative throw pillows from it and began selling them on e-bay. I myself would never have been able to do that.

Everytime I look at my Daisy pillow, I am so flattered. I have no idea how many are out there, it's just a good feeling to know that Daisy graces the homes of more people than just mine :heartbeat
instead of getting steamed up over something potentially annoying, you see the wonder in it. :)
'tis a gift; hang on to it. You'll live longer, too

·
2,472 Posts
ya need a hug
<<<<there>>>> :wave:

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
instead of getting steamed up over something potentially annoying, you see the wonder in it. :)
'tis a gift; hang on to it. You'll live longer, too

Ahhhh, how refreshing :)
Always take things by the smooth handle, right?

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Yeah, if this WAS directed at me, I don't get it so it had no sting. : )
I agree with Cindy.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't know who messed it up so I'm not aiming at anyone.
But this is how I feel and if I'm not allowed to express that then that's tough.
How was I blaming some one else I was expressing an opinion.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts