Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thank you very much for taking this project on, I have always enjoyed looking at all the entries. It was one of my favorite parts of the forum. I love seeing all those beautiful goldens. Thanks again!

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thank you very much for taking this project on, I have always enjoyed looking at all the entries. It was one of my favorite parts of the forum. I love seeing all those beautiful goldens. Thanks again!
Thanks for your comments. They are very much appreciated.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am not clear on rule #4:

Even though this is an unofficial contest, by submitting a photo you acknowledge that the photo shall become the property of the Golden Retriever forum. By doing such, you relinquish your rights to prevent the use of the photo, in any way that the forum or contest administrator sees fit. This may include using your photo in printed materials which could be offered for sale, and may benefit the membership and administrator of the Golden Retriever Forum financially. This does not in any way change your rights to use your photo as you see fit, however, we are free to use it in any way we feel might benefit the Golden Retriever Forum, or this contest.

Are you talking about things like putting a dog picture on a coffee cup and selling it here at the forum - or could a picture of one of our dogs wind up on merchandise at Amazon or eBay? Am I correct to assume that the person who took the picture and owns the dog would receive no compensation?

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I am not clear on rule #4:

Even though this is an unofficial contest, by submitting a photo you acknowledge that the photo shall become the property of the Golden Retriever forum. By doing such, you relinquish your rights to prevent the use of the photo, in any way that the forum or contest administrator sees fit. This may include using your photo in printed materials which could be offered for sale, and may benefit the membership and administrator of the Golden Retriever Forum financially. This does not in any way change your rights to use your photo as you see fit, however, we are free to use it in any way we feel might benefit the Golden Retriever Forum, or this contest.

Are you talking about things like putting a dog picture on a coffee cup and selling it here at the forum - or could a picture of one of our dogs wind up on merchandise at Amazon or eBay? Am I correct to assume that the person who took the picture and owns the dog would receive no compensation?
Please be aware, this contest is intended purely as fun. It is not a money making endeavor. Everyone needs to consider that the plans may change six months from now (for instance if members request a coffee mug), and all options are open. If you are uncomfortable with that, then please do not submit a photo.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
After what happened to Jo Ellen and Daisy a few years back, even if GRF never does anything with the photos, the rule might help if someone "out there" lifts a photo and starts creating merchandise without permission??? At least I hope it would.

I have no hand in this project at all. I just remember what happened when Daisy and a few other dogs started showing up on tapestry like fabric. I was able to find the photos used posted on a forum.

·
2,472 Posts
I need practice too ... but I don't like this one as well as the one I trimmed :( The one I want to use I trimmed just a little ... why can't we trim?
I love that one A beautiful portrait of your doggie :)

so...the Pudden can play, too? Even though she's only half golden (half lab) She sure looks golden, though, and she's 100% pure cute-in-the-golden-spirit :)
Great photos so far.

Love the pic of Noel running in the snow..but, uh...does she have a pink tail :curtain: ?

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Hey Vern great of you to take on this additional project. I think you are sweell for doing so, I really do. But by the simple fact you are doing this, me thinks it disproves the claim of genius. :p: just sayin you know

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hey Vern great of you to take on this additional project. I think you are sweell for doing so, I really do. But by the simple fact you are doing this, me thinks it disproves the claim of genius. :p: just sayin you know
You know how being the kennel helps creates illusions of grandeur. :)

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I love that one A beautiful portrait of your doggie :)

so...the Pudden can play, too? Even though she's only half golden (half lab) She sure looks golden, though, and she's 100% pure cute-in-the-golden-spirit :)
Great photos so far.

Love the pic of Noel running in the snow..but, uh...does she have a pink tail :curtain: ?
Oh yes, of course Pudden can play! How could we not one of your beautiful photos? Plus, Pudden will be the only one playing on a glacier!

·
Registered
339 Posts
" At least 75 posts" to qualify for the contest?:banghead: Guess I'd better get posting then!:hyper: (If only you knew how sloooowwwly I type).:(

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Things are starting to make more sense to me...you just have to hang around long enough and things start to click. I hadn't heard that Daisy had her image stolen before, but this explains why some here don't post many pics or have gallery submissions...and what the reference to 'the pillow' means. Got it! I guess it takes about 11 months...my One Year Anniversary as a member is in early February.:wiggle::woot2:

I'd love to post some snow pics of Ike....I just need the SNOW!!!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Yes, but that wasn't your first reaction! :p: I still have the other photos of the other GR's on my computer. I never did delete them for some reason.
OK, I have been paranoid about this and now am more so. What happened with Daisy's pic and others? I am not familiar with this.

I have alot of photos here and on GR Weekly. I did have one photo lifted by another website without my permission but it wasn't used to make money.
ARRGH!

·
Registered
249 Posts
who cares? been there done that!
5th january and I haven't even bought a new calendar! Thats how I feel.
When something good happens in my life there's always someone out there ready to screw it up.
Thank god I've got me dogs

21 - 40 of 71 Posts