Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rufus' Mom aka Linda
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my husband fell asleep in his chair downstairs and Rufus and I went to bed without him. At 4:30 Steve came up to bed in the dark. I woke up to Rufus growling at "the intruder" coming into the bedroom. He stood beside the bed and the growling got louder and deeper. When Steve talked to him he realized who it was and jumped all over him...but for a brief moment I felt very safe with Rufus my protector! He's gone from puppy to big boy in a week!!

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
Yup our boys do the same thing. He was protecting his mommy ! Good boy !

·
Rufus' Mom aka Linda
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rufus is our first Golden. We've had GSDs and Mals who were protective. When we decided to enter into the wonderful world of Goldens people told us not to expect Rufus to be a watchdog. He started barking when someone came to the door a couple of months ago before he turned one but the growling is new. It was really cute..although i'm pretty sure he wasn't trying to be cute!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Way to go Rufus!!!!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
lol, good boy!
Eric went to the sweet 16 in Washington DC a few years ago, and he and my dad left after the last game. So he got home at like 4 in the morning. I somewhat heard the garage door go up when he got home but didn't move out of bed. Eric came in and opened the bedroom door and not one dog moved! Not a single one even got up from where they were. Taz lifted her head and looked at him and did a few tail thumps on the floor, and that was that. So much for protection!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts