Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day has finally come for us to pick up our little Ruby from the breeders. She turned 8 weeks old on Wednesday and could've gone home last week, but I wanted to make sure I had some time off to spend with her. We went to visit her last Saturday and she is such a tank. She is by far the biggest in her litter of 12 - definitely has not missed a meal.

I'm so excited, anxious and nervous all at the same time. This is my first puppy, but I'm a total animal lover and have had cats my whole life. In fact my two boys at home (Walter & Motor), don't know what they are in store for when Ruby trots into their lives this evening.

We've stocked up on crates, chew toys, food, etc so I hope we are set, but I'm sure we will be hitting our favorite feed store this weekend. I've already spend hours on this site reading up on what to expect and I'm sure I'll be on here plenty more posting questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hey, that is one cute tank. I have a 9 month old that is my 1st dog. It has been so much fun. New puppy in your house tonight WOOHOO.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
She's beautiful! Would ya just look at that face. I'm looking forward to more pictures.

I have a cat as well, A.J. grew up with our Maggie but wasn't used to the unrelenting attention that Hank bestowed on him. They seemed to have worked it out and get along fine.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Ruby is adorable!! Can't wait to hear about the meeting between the cats and Ruby and see pictures!!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Ruby is so cute!!! Congrats :) I know you will enjoy every minute of your new life as a dog owner! Enjoy your weekend and please post lots more pictures of her as she grows up! :D

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
She's beautiful! My pup will be home in 3 weeks, so I'll be watching all the questions you post...no doubt I'll experience a lot of things you'll be going though the next few weeks! Have fun!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Congratulations...Ruby is a doll. You are in for lots of fun and little sleep for a bit but it will all be worth it. I hope your camera batteries are charged and ready to go.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ruby

Ruby is adorable!!

It reminds me of the song, "Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, will you be mine!"

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Ruby is precious!!!! Such a cutie. Can't wait to watch her grow up. Enjoy that puppy breath.

·
A.k.a. Jennifer.
230 Posts
Ruby = doll face. Enjoy her!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome home Ruby! I too will be a new puppy owner again just after Christmas and have been scouring these boards endlessly for information for weeks now. I can't wait to read all about your adventures with Ms. Ruby.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Oh my- what a chubby, lovely puppy- just perfect! Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts