Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Bonaventure Cemetery, Savannah have any of you read the book Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil? I took a few pictures. hope you dont think i'm morbid, but this place was just so beautiful.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Lol, that one tombstone, William C. Prendergast made me do a double take b/c one of my favorite books has a main character with the last name Pendergast, and I have never seen or heard of that name apart from in the book series.

Gorgeous cemetery, if one can describe a cemetery as being that.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I dont think it is morbid. I love old cemetaries and looking at the tombstones. They usually all tell a story. And such history. To me they are beautiful and peaceful.

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
I dont think it is morbid. I love old cemetaries and looking at the tombstones. They usually all tell a story. And such history. To me they are beautiful and peaceful.
I agree--lots of history there--many stories to be told. We visited the cemetary ~2004 or so--Savannah is such a cool place. Especially in January when it was -10 in Pittsburgh and 60's in Savannah!

SJ

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good to hear that i'm not the only one. we always go to NOLA for my bday, but think i want to go back to Savannah instead.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I will purposely stop at cemeteries that are old, like that one. I love walking around them. We have a few near me, and I even found my great great grandma and found out my grandpa had a sister that died when she was 10 of diverticulitis. They were buried beside each other. Theres something very peaceful about cemeteries.

·
Cedar's Mom
851 Posts
I LOVE wandering through old cemetaries - was surprised at this grave in an old, old cemetary in Cedar Key, FL - Big Ed must have been a special fella!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lol, that one tombstone, William C. Prendergast made me do a double take b/c one of my favorite books has a main character with the last name Pendergast, and I have never seen or heard of that name apart from in the book series.
you mean in the books by douglas preston and lincoln child?
i love those books too! :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love the St. Bonaventure Cemetery, peaceful and unlike any cemetery in Ohio. When we went to Savannah I visited with the husband who is not as "in" to it as I am. I went back then and really explored.

Big Ed-I am speechless, it truly takes all types doesn't it?

·
Kristy
10,425 Posts
Ah, good stuff. Count me as another history lover who enjoys wandering thru an old cemetery looking at names and dates, thinking about the people and families. I grew up in North Florida and the sunlight through the spanish moss takes me right back, I can almost feel the humidity :)

nice photos :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts