Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 9 year old golden had a rapid growth tumor appear out of no where on his right rear hock on Wednsday and I had to nervoulsy wait out thanksgiving to bring him in today. It turns out that it is a "Round Cell" tumor and only has a 10% chance of being benign. They were able to remove the tumor immediately but because of it's location there is not much tissue on his ankle to remove with the tumor to insure all the cells were removed. It sounds like the chances of re-growth are around 50%. In the mean time, besides feeling absolutley crushed, I am trying to piece together the ultimate holistic health diet to boost his immune system. He was already eating a high end kibble food but I am looking for a cancer fighting diet of raw protiens and bone, veggies, and supplements..... Anyone out there have a plan or recipe?

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Posts like yours just break my heart. I have no advice just want to welcome you on this forum, I am sorry what you are going thru. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers. Some members will sure have advice for you.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I would maybe do some raw food feeding- Bravo or perhaps Purely Primatives frozen chubs. Both have a variety of meat selections with or with out vegetables. There are good supplements for immune system and liver cleansing as well. Just go easy and add it all gradually. There are some excellent books out on Dogs and cancer- you probably can find on Amazon.com- one book we sell where I work but I forget the name of it. It is full of preventive and proactive advice. Best to you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts