Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wanted to know if any other dog does what Molly does,when i let her out in the back garden to do her one's and two's she will go round and round in circles sniffing the ground :doh: it doesn't matter to her if am freezing waiting at the door for her in the small hours of the morning, and only when she is ready will she do something are you're dogs the same:confused: :)

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
If I let Rookie out to pee and tell him "hurry up," he pees pretty much right away.

On the other hand, it takes Rookie 20 minutes from the time we walk out the door until the time he poops. He doesn't make it any quicker when it's cold out either. He's a very picky pooper. The spot has to be just right and there can't be any distractions. If a child happens to walk by the street in the front of the house and distract him, it could be another 20 minutes before he decides to poop. It can be very frustrating at times, but that's just who he is. And yes, there's lots of circling and pacing back and forth involved.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Miley circles too. She has to check all around the entire house 1st. She looks for the wild bunny & any stray cats that have put their paws on her property! And when she does go to poop & a distraction happens....it stops right there! And there is no consideration for weather temperatures, either. She is just focused on her job duty and nature comes second!

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Misty will walk around and sniff when she has to pee..it does take quite a while..when its time for #2 she has to walk and then turn quick and walk the other way sniffing the whole time this goes on for quite a while..faster and faster she goes walking and sniffing turning around and walking back the same way back an forth back an forth and then finally she goes..weather doesnt matter and its cold here in GA now......it takes forever!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
MacKenzie does more of a pace than a circle. She will not poop if Brady is outside with her, so I have to bring him in, and take her back out. I think she just gets too distracted in what he is doing.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Oakly will pee most anywhere outside but he is very very particular where he poops. It drive me nuts as he will reposition himself by just inches until he has the perfect spot. It is almost like watching an artist at work :doh:

Caue thinks anywhere is fine for either. :p:

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Bama goes around and around in a circle till he finds the right spot and gets so low I worry he is going to fall back. And the same when he pees. The rest of them just go where they want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts