Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like most goldens, Rookie likes to be with people. For most of the day, he will follow me from to room and plop down at my feet wherever I sit. But in the morning... he seems to like a little alone time.

When I get up in the morning, I let Rookie outside for a quick pee. Then I feed him his breakfast and sit down to have my own. While I'm having breakfast, Rookie likes to go back outside and lie on his rock contemplating the world around him. I have a picture window that looks out into the back yard, so I usually sit and contemplate Rookie!

After 15 or 20 minutes alone outside, he'll come back in, grab a chew toy, and plop down at my feet.

Anyone else have a golden that like his/her little bit of alone time?

Attachments

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
That is so sweet to read about Rookie's routine! Molson likes to not be rushed when he first goes out in the morning. He needs about 10 minutes out there before running in for his breakfast. While I'm getting ready for work, he is laying spread-eagle on his back in the middle of the hallway upstairs. It's his "zen" time :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
My boys do that sometimes. Especially Pawley. He just lays on the grass next to the porch. Maybe it is a boy thing.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Caue does that in the evenings. He likes to sit outside and just watch the world go by. Oakly doesn't like to be away from me for that long so he will come in before Caue and catch some lap time with me in the recliner.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
Autin doesn't like alone time...he just likes being where ever I am which can be a pain sometimes, as much as I love him!!! Lincoln, on the other hand, likes his alone time just to chew something or have some peace and quiet from the other 2. Reno, at 9 years old, enjoys his alone time away from the puppies but then acts like he hasn't seem them in 1 month when they're back together...kind of cute actually!!!!

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
Angie's is in the morning after she makes. She likes to come back in and sit on the arm of the couch and stare out at the neighborhood and ocean.

These are from a while back but she still does it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww... so sweet. Looks like Angie's got a similar routine.

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
Aww... so sweet. Looks like Angie's got a similar routine.
They both even seem to have the same contemplative look. I wonder what they're thinking... On one hand I think it may just be enjoying the wonderful life they have but somewhere in the back of my mind I get this picture of them plotting how they're going to rule the world (speaking in the voice of Stewie from the Family Guy)...

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They both even seem to have the same contemplative look. I wonder what they're thinking... On one hand I think it may just be enjoying the wonderful life they have but somewhere in the back of my mind I get this picture of them plotting how they're going to rule the world (speaking in the voice of Stewie from the Family Guy)...
Now I love my Rookie... but he's kind of a goofball. I don't see him taking over anything very soon!!

·
Lucy & Dory's Mom
2,760 Posts
Both Lucy and Dory like their time alone. Lucy likes it in bed, when we're getting ready for work. Dory likes to get on the couch alone for a bit in the mornings.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Gilmour does. He sits half-in, half-out of the dog door for 15 min or so. He does it several times a day.

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
Now I love my Rookie... but he's kind of a goofball. I don't see him taking over anything very soon!!

LOL. That's like our big boy Chance. Just sweet and happy to watch the world unfold around him (and often seemingly suprised by it).

But then again, maybe that's what he wants you to think... :):) He looks pretty smart to me.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
no,not in my house.Throw throw the ball ,ball,ball.Do you see a ball? do you see a ball? I love you! Let go outside! hehe but she know a routine .after morning walk no more ball playing until i come back from work.She just gives me a look.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Sierra had a zen moment, when we were outside shoveling during the snow storm.
She came out, and found a nice snow bank and laid down to watch the wind and snow.
When a gust would come, she'd squint a little but didn't move.
Stayed in that spot about 10 minutes.
Then had to come and inspect my shoveling.
Karen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts