Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I have had a Roomba iRobot 585 (pets) for years and currently have 2 i7+ (the kind that has a docking trash canister). I bought one i7+ when it first came out, and it was so good that I bought another this last winter since our house has 2 floors so it's a lot easier to have them run automatically on schedule everyday. I have long hair, and besides Tomo we also have 3 cats, so the vacuums work hard! (y)

The mapping is a lot smarter, the app is convenient, and the vacuum is a lot easier to clean/maintain . There is less fur and hair caught on the rollers, though I still need to check in at least once a week to take off hair/fur at the roller ends, wipe the contacts, etc. The rollers are easier to clean but my long hair tends to get wrapped around them and will cut the plastic foamy roller -- so I already have to replace a roller after about 4 months of use :cry: The docking trash canister does use vacuum bags ($$$) but it really helps with my allergies that I don't have to mask up and dump the full bin everyday.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I have had a Roomba iRobot 585 (pets) for years and currently have 2 i7+ (the kind that has a docking trash canister). I bought one i7+ when it first came out, and it was so good that I bought another this last winter since our house has 2 floors so it's a lot easier to have them run automatically on schedule everyday. I have long hair, and besides Tomo we also have 3 cats, so the vacuums work hard! (y)

The mapping is a lot smarter, the app is convenient, and the vacuum is a lot easier to clean/maintain . There is less fur and hair caught on the rollers, though I still need to check in at least once a week to take off hair/fur at the roller ends, wipe the contacts, etc. The rollers are easier to clean but my long hair tends to get wrapped around them and will cut the plastic foamy roller -- so I already have to replace a roller after about 4 months of use :cry: The docking trash canister does use vacuum bags ($$$) but it really helps with my allergies that I don't have to mask up and dump the full bin everyday.
I have two 700 series and like them a lot. I’ve been wondering how the ones do with the trash canister. Thanks!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Does anybody think one would work in a multiple Golden household? I have hardwood and rugs.
I am constantly vacuuming !! I had one years ago when they first came out but it was useless.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My husband got me a Roomba i Series for Christmas 2019. I was skeptical at first, but it works really well picking up the massive amounts of hair and sand from our 1 golden. We have never had a problem with hair getting tangled in the Roomba. Also, I thought we'd be constantly emptying the bin, but it has a lot of capacity. Our golden is not very fond of his new robotic friend, but tolerates it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your answers. I think I’m going with a Roomba I7+..... I will let you know how it goes ; )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts