Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:no:Sad to report that "Presto" GMOTCH Windrows Do U Believe In Magic Am/Can WC AGN, CARO RXMCL, Hit of Hits winner, passed away quite suddenly and unexpectedly. Presto was the top obedience dog in Canada in 2005. He had a wonderful relationship with his owner and trainer, Marie Sawford, and was quite the inspiration. He loved to work and loved to make Marie happy.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Oh, I felt such a pang when I read this bc I really admire Presto. Is he about ten? I first started following him when I tried to research/find a dog that had both Elysian and Topbrass- guess who? I am so very sorry for the owner- such a terrible loss.

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was eleven. I quite frequently got to admire him working as he demonstrated exercises in our classes. He'd be hanging out on his bed under the table in the training hall, and pop out tail a-wagging to show us all how to do something with absolute perfection. He and Marie set a standard that is hard to meet.

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't wanted to bug Marie or his breeder to ask just yet. All I know is that it was illness that came on suddenly, not an accident or such.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Im so sorry....

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Sorry to read this. My thoughts are with Marie and her family. Rest well and play hard at the Bridge till your family meets back up with you sweet Presto.

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Please pass on my condolences, it is never easy to loose a Golden friend.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this. Condolences to the family. It's so heartbreaking.

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
I am very sorry about their loss. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts