Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,489 Posts
Very sad, I'm a big fan, despite being told for many years that I was too young to know most of his songs!.

·
Super Moderator
1,223 Posts
I'm old so I remember life before social media - when supermarket tabloids were how all the gossip was shared. His relationship with Tanya Tucker was routinely in the tabloids. She was much, much younger. And they both had quite the tempers as I recall.

Disco country was not my favorite period of country music but it is amazing to watch their duet together.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Glen Campbell randomly played on my iPOD as I was driving to work Tuesday morning and I remember thinking about his struggle with Alzheimer's and I wondered if he had died. Too bizarre that on my drive home the same day I heard he had died. Similar things have happened before to me, like I'll randomly turn on the TV and some ancient sitcom is on and then I find out the same day that the person died.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Very sad, I'm a big fan, despite being told for many years that I was too young to know most of his songs!.
I never followed "country" music in my youth but always thought he was extremely talented singer. Few people are probably aware of his awesome talent as a guitar player, transcending every genre of music.

The Alice Cooper interview on YouTube is quite good.

If you ever get the chance, watch his performance of "Smoke of a distant Fire", and "If You Go Away".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts