Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

RIP Duke

4K views 58 replies 55 participants last post by  Bob Dylan 
#1 ·
Lost our beloved golden, Duke this morning. He was 13.7 years old. He had been really slowing down the last couple of weeks, showing his age. He refused to get up this morning and had trouble breathing. We rushed him to our vet, he had an 108 temperature and the x-rays showed pneumonia. He showed no symptoms, no coughing. Just yesterday morning I had to stop him from digging behind the shed again.... He was the coolest dog (just a little prejudice). RIP sweet Duke. XOXOXOX

PS: He loved his car rides with my daughter when she lived at home, he was always riding shotgun with her.

Attachments

See less See more
#52 ·
So sorry I am just reading this now. Below is a link to a page I have found comfort in at times just as this. Hope you and yours can also

THE STAR

Reactions: Karen519
#57 ·
So sorry for your loss. :eek:( We had to do the same on June 13th. It was very sudden as well. It's absolutely heartbreaking. My 4 children are still trying to get over it. However, your Duke & my Cookey are at rest & no longer suffering. May they both play together happy at the bridge. My thoughts are with you and your family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.