Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, everyone cheer for AFC FTCH AFTCH Heads Up Fire in the Hole, owned and handled by Lynn Nelson, who won the Amateur at the Southern Arizona Retriever Club field trial.
"Rio" won the stake against a field of 61 other dogs (I think there were 59 Labs that Rio beat!!!), including 19 other titled dogs, which included a National Amateur Field Champion.
That's a really BIG WIN!
Congratulations Lynn & Rio!

FTGoldens

·
Registered
21,090 Posts
way to go!!! Hugest congratulations to Lynn and Rio!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Congrats to Rio and Lynn. They are clearly a very talented team!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats! Saw your pic on the Heads up kennel site, impressive.... Woofs and Wags, Pat and Reba,(Heads Up Foxy Red Baroness)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats! Saw your pic on the Heads up kennel site, impressive.... Woofs and Wags, Pat and Reba,(Heads Up Foxy Red Baroness)
I'm not sure who you are referring to as in "your pic" since I (the original poster) am not Lynn ... I've met her, but I'm not her. I'm just an interested Golden Retriever Field Trialer who cheers on all Goldens who are running field trials! It's a tough game to win, heck it's tough to finish. And when the odds are stacked against Goldens (in my opinion and casual observation, the poor odds are in number of entries only*), we have to make a big deal out of it!

As for my *, it seems to me that when looking at the number of entries (Goldens v. labs) in field trials, Goldens actually fare better than the number of entries suggests that they should. In the instant case, Rio ran against 59 Labs and beat them!

Anyway ... CONGRATULATIONS LYNN & RIO!

FTGoldens

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
What an amazing win!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts