Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Riley Update

900 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Ljilly28 
#1 ·
After spending the day at the vet last Monday (a week ago), the vet said his xrays and blood work showed nothing and to keep him on the meds.

Riley was fine all week. The vet even called on Friday to follow-up, which I thought was quite nice.
This morning, however, Riley vomited again. Only a tiny amount this time and it was more watery than before. I shall not panic quite yet, it could be completely unrelated! But if he vomits large amounts or vomits blood again, we'll take him back to the vet.

I'm hopeful it's just a random vomit thing that dogs do every now and again. Riley has been really great all week. We walked him alot and slowly introduced his regular food again. He has also completed his medications.

Here's the thing. Riley's food is Eagle Pack Holistic Lamb and Rice and he has never had any problems with it. But I can't help but wonder if there is some kind of relationship to his sickness. It's a new bag of food and he did become sick shortly after we started using it. Now that he's been back on it again for a few days, he vomited again. So I spend the last hour madly researching the melamine tainted dog food information but I can't find any link between menu foods and Eagle Pack....

Fingers and paws crossed....

See less See more
#3 ·
Get a new bag and throw that one out. I had that happen with Megs when she younger and sure enough, it must have been the food because she was fine with the new bag. It's worth a try.

#4 ·
no no, don't throw it out!
Tape it up, take it back to the store, tell them your dog has been vomiting since eating it. Ask them to replace it at no charge with a bag from a different production lot!
Good companies all stand behind their food and will replace it or refund your money. In today's economy....every bit helps!

#10 ·
Good News! No further vomiting today, so I think Riley is OK. This morning was probably just some random thing.

He did, however, suddenly decide to chew on one of the legs of my living room end table and I'm furious with him!

We've been leaving him out while we are at work for around 6 weeks now and he's been so good. Why he is chewing the table legs is beyond me...

I hate to kennel him all day as it seems like such a long time to cooped up in such a small space. But we really have no other way to confine him!

#12 ·
Good call on the new bag of food. Maybe it's an off bag, even if there's no recall and you could exchange it just to be safe for one with a different expiration date? I know sometime mold gets in a bag or too( like with the Solid Gold Tiny Tots treats). I think Eagle Pack just bought Wellness/ Old Mother Hubbard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.