Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
We've been looking for a new cute little golden puppy for months and most of the breeders we come accross have been BYB or puppy mill. Finally I've done my homework and reduced the list down to 3-4 breeders and now hoping the Golden Community will help out and tell me if it's a Yay/Nay for them :)

Any help/reviews/feedback is appreciated.

1. Green Valley Goldens?
2. Dalane Goldens
3. Judy @ Northwest goldens ( I have read both pros and cons of her, but the cons have been from posts from 2012 about puppies coming home with issues, I'm trying to understand if that's the status quo too?)

Also, open to other reputable breeder recommendations? We're looking for a family companion, so Championship lines is not our major requirement, just a puppy with good linieage and ideally no 5 generational issues is what we want to go for.

Thanks for the help and looking forwards to the help.

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,807 Posts
Jane Jensen at Dalane Goldens in Bellingham gets my ringing endorsement. She's a longtime breeder, she's a dog show breeder judge, she has been active in the GRCA, she's in the forefront of health issue in Golden retrievers, and she makes some absolutely wonderful dogs. Buy with confidence.

Reactions: BlazenGR

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
Emilie Edling does some great performance breedings with correct dogs- meritorious goldens. Sherwood, OR
I would also thumbs up to Jane.

I know your other two, of course, but the Green Valley- says they adhere to CoE on their site, but I could not find sire X dam info for litters so lacking time to look up all their dogs, I'd suggest posting the pair here so they can be checked out before committing to them, since they do not appear to be very involved. I don't like how they imply their boy Riley is OFA excellent when in fact he has no hip/elbow on OFA-https://www.ofa.org/advanced-search?f=sr&appnum=2022018 and he is well old enough to have them. "Excellent OFA Results" ...
Same for Timber- Champion Lines
"Excellent OFA results" when he purportedly has PH results, and she input 90%tile (removed) to k9data when in fact his DI numbers are more like 50%tile at best and at risk for HD and his PH was input @ 18 mo or so, not 24 mo as the CoE dictates. ... so, the 'we adhere to the CoE' piece is a little over stated.
and then, there are no elbows. The only boy with OFA on the core 4 is LAddie, who they also say has Excellent OFA results, yet is very clearly OFA good. https://www.ofa.org/advanced-search?quicksearch=SR86196408
I'm not going to do the girls- but it is clear they are not terribly honest on the site and I always figure if the whole truth is misrepresented, I can't believe any part of the verbiage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback people.

Also going to talk to Trish Huges at GC goldens today. And Chuckanut goldens.

So updated List

- Chuckanut goldens
- Trish Huges @ GC goldens
- Dalane goldens
- Judy @ Northwest

Feedback on the remaining 3 would be great. Dalane seems to be great already

Will post updates on how it goes. Striking off Green Valley off the list for now then.

Waiting to see if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with Judy lately.

Thanks

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,807 Posts
Yes, Ken Matthews at Chuckanut Goldens is an amazing and extremely reputable guy.

You might also try Rich and Kym Anton at SweetGold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts