Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm glad you posted this. I wondered who Tripp is. I have never met Cookie, just Kim and I didn't think he was one of her dogs. The coincidence really struck me too. I am just so glad to have gotten such a great dog. I think we found each other at just the right time for each of us. Everyone who has met him is in love with him. The people who gave him up really don't deserve a Golden.

I dont know the story, could you please tell me?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Like father like sons,
Buddy (shel-be my friend) is co-owned, the couple who had him as a teen and until he finished had a very young daughter at the time. Buddy has always been one to need constant attention and lots and lots of exercise "He's a very strong big boy"
They could no longer keep him because of the child, he was just too much dog for them, having always had females.
Anyway, he has been at the kennel since then and has really mellowed out, we all just love him to death. I forgot all about that till I read about the other Buddy son

·
Registered
16,393 Posts
I'm glad you posted this. I wondered who Tripp is. I have never met Cookie, just Kim and I didn't think he was one of her dogs. The coincidence really struck me too. I am just so glad to have gotten such a great dog. I think we found each other at just the right time for each of us. Everyone who has met him is in love with him. The people who gave him up really don't deserve a Golden.
I know that Kelore is adamant about interviews and SO careful and cautious about their puppy-buyers. I bet they were so happy you wanted Stan. Kelore is, by reputation, beyond responsible with their pup homes. Here in Falmouth, a Kelore golden named Charlotte goes to work every day in the bookstore. I visit her whenever possible bc she is so lovely and lovey. I bet your dogs are beauties.

·
Missing my sweet Oliver
225 Posts
I know that Kelore is adamant about interviews and SO careful and cautious about their puppy-buyers. I bet they were so happy you wanted Stan. Kelore is, by reputation, beyond responsible with their pup homes. Here in Falmouth, a Kelore golden named Charlotte goes to work every day in the bookstore. I visit her whenever possible bc she is so lovely and lovey. I bet your dogs are beauties.
I emailed Kim at night as soon as I saw the post on her website and she emailed me at 5:00am the next morning. She was so worried about him. As soon as I figure out my new MAC, my camera, and how to coordinate it all on this forum I post a picture of the guys.

·
Registered
16,393 Posts
I can't wait to see the pictures!

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's My Buddy

I just came across this post by accident while poking around on the site and I got so excited when I saw the photo. The Sire in the picture is My Buddy's dad. His Father is Ch. Gold-Rush Shel-Be My Friend - "Buddy" and his mom is Ch. Gold-Rush Hop-to-it- "Bunny". Buddy was surrendered at age 2 by his family-their reasons really were not clear enough to me but he has been a terrific dog to us!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I just came across this post by accident while poking around on the site and I got so excited when I saw the photo. The Sire in the picture is My Buddy's dad. His Father is Ch. Gold-Rush Shel-Be My Friend - "Buddy" and his mom is Ch. Gold-Rush Hop-to-it- "Bunny". Buddy was surrendered at age 2 by his family-their reasons really were not clear enough to me but he has been a terrific dog to us!
Hello, glad to hear from a "Buddy" puppy owner. Buddy (Shel-be-my-friend) is now retired and living with his co-owners. Believe me the photo does him no justice, he is one handsome boy. Hop-to-it "Bunny" is now also retired. I helped raise both of them, Bunny is surely one of the sweetest girls I have ever known. Mr. Buddy was a handful, until he mellowed at around 5, but also a very sweet boy. Buddyson who I was referring to in this post is still beautiful, his name is Gold-Rush Country Gentleman ll "Trace" He is now up for adoption, I wish I could keep him, but thats impossible with the addition on my daughters girl. How about more pictures?

·
Registered
447 Posts
One of my male puppies born last October was just returned a few days ago from a couple who only had him for 1 week. Because he did not like the crate (so they say) they let him loose to run the house while at work.
:uhoh: They came home to a couch chewed up and the rest of the house littered in pee and poop. :mad: What in the world were they thinking?? This poor boy could have died!
Wow. First of all, anyone that gets those sire's puppies should consider themselves extremely lucky. How sad :( At least they gave him back to you vs running an ad on Kijiji.

Of course a dog is going to chew and pee and poo everywhere if left alone. :doh:

41 - 53 of 53 Posts