Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

rescue remedy question

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  BeauShel 
#1 ·
I just picked up some rescue remedy to help my pup stay calm when we travel. (He gets anxious and car sick sometimes.) I was wondering, how much should I give him? He weighs about 67 lbs.

#5 ·
Rescue Remedy is all natural ingrediants and you really can't give to much. Having said that, I have given my dogs two dropper fulls at a time, during 4th of July especially to ease to fireworks drama.

When I brought Jules home at 8 weeks of age, 12 pounds, he got a dropper full a couple different times that day.

I even use it for myself when I have big presentations at work, 3 droppers full. I never feel any effects from it but can look back later feel more relaxed about how I handle the presentation.

When I give it to the dogs, I never ever have seen them feel or act dugged either.

My breeder also uses this, gives the newborn pups a couple drops an hour or so after being born and it really helps them adjust to the shock of being born. One year they had one girl they almost lost and after she received the RR, the baby thrived and grew to be the biggest of the litter.

#7 ·
No wonder they are calm, they are passed out drunk. LOL Actually I plan on asking our vet this week about using something if needed. We are going to Hilton Head & it is about 13 hours. Kadence road home 2 hours when we picked her up, but other than that time only 10-15 minutes at a time.

#13 ·
I use it for Jack in the summer time for both thunder and fireworks. It doesn't work 100% but it does help him to be in a calmer "panicky state". I also used it on Hershey and it helped to calm her also...still shaking but not so much of the convulsive tremors and drooling that she usually does during thunderstorms.

It's easy to give, you can just pull out their lip a little and put the drops there or you can even rub it into the hairless part inside their ear flap. It works by entering through the skin.

#14 ·
Will you tell me where you found the list of ingredients because it doesn't list them on the website that I can find.

Make sure you have the Pet version and if your dog has any allergies , I'd be careful. Just because it is natural and plant based doesn't mean they or anyone could have a strong allergic reaction to it.

#15 ·
Here is the site: http://www.rescueremedy.com/products/ The pastilles are the item that CANNOT be used with dogs as it has xylitol which causes liver failure in minute doses. The regular has some alcohol, but we've never had an issue with it. The pet formula is rather new.

#16 ·
I have to tell you today I was at the base and went into the GNC store there and asked about it, she handed the regular spray rescue remedy. I looked at it and it was not the one for pets. I put it back on the shelf and started to walk away. It fell off the counter and broke. It smelled like a liquor and it was 27% alcohol. So make sure you get the pet type.
Here is the website with the ingredients.
http://organicpharmacy.org/products/Rescue.Remedy.Pet?gclid=CLyEs4yEyZkCFRBhnAodklsBuA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.