Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide the names of any reputable golden retriever breeders on the east coast (NJ to FL)? I am looking at getting a golden retriever in the future and i would like to take my time to find the best possible breeder

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Please tell us more about what you are looking for in a dog. Do you want a dog to hunt with? One to show for conformation? A family pet that is mostly a couch potato? This kind of information will help our members give you better advice and will also help a good breeder identify the right pup for you.

Good luck!

·
Ripley and Ned
487 Posts
Try Tanglewood Golden's in South Carolina. Joanne has some beautiful dogs. Mostly european lines. I have not dealt with her personally, but her boy "Chevy" is my girl Ripley's dad! Ripley is a gorgeous dog with a great temperament, and is highly intelligent. I have herd nothing but great things about Joanne. She does have a website that is very informative. Tanglewood Goldens -- Golden Retrievers of English Distinction

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looking for

I am looking for a companion dog. My fiance and I have a german shepard as well and would like a dog that will be a good friend for him as well as a good companion for us.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Where do you live?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have GSDs as well and am getting my first golden. They seem to be a popular combination.

Your best bet is to do lots of research and talk to as many Golden owners and breeders as you can. If you know trainers in your area that are reputable you can always call and ask whether there are any breeders they recommend based on what they've seen in their classes. Also try Golden rescues and you might find that they have dogs turned in in larger numbers from certain breeders, which can be a red flag.

People around here seem to like
Delmarva
Lycinan
Harborview
Jansun
Crescent
Sunkota

And that's just the tip of the iceberg and only breeders with websites. There are plenty that don't have websites at all.

A trainer that I worked with in my area had my most favorite Golden of all time (I would have cloned that dog 10 times over if I could have) and he came from Stonecroft in PA.

·
Chris
99 Posts
Like to introduce myself....

I would like to introduce myself, as I am new to the Forum, but not to the Golden Retriever Community. I have been a top Breeder/Owner/Handler for over 30 years. I was a "silent partner" in the past, but some recent issues have made me feel it was important to join to clarify these issues, so the group could get the facts straight from the "horse mouth". I look forward to meeting new Golden owners, as we all have one BIG thing in common, & that is our LOVE for this wonderful Breed!!

Chris Browning/Eldorado Goldens

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any body know anyone with a golden from Grandbay Golden retreivers in Valdosta Ga or know if they are a good reputable breeder?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts