Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Me and my girlfriend are currently looking to bring home our own golden retriever puppy this winter. I was hoping to gain some insight on good breeders that might have puppies available come November or December. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully no later than the Summer of 2021, if possible sooner. We are currently looking at Sun Golden Kennels but they have a very long waitlist.

·
Registered
212 Posts
All worthwhile breeders currently have very long wait lists. Your requested time frame means you are looking for a bitch currently being bred and a lot of breeders have been getting several hundred inquiries, if not a thousand inquiries since covid hit.

Even June is pretty aggressive IMO given the waiting list reputable breeders will have. You can probably find a puppy mill that sells first come, first served, no health clearances, and no questions asked in that time frame.

I will just advise you to set very low expectations in meeting your desired timing.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We definitely do not want to buy a puppy from a breeder that is not reputable, especially not from a puppy mill. Both of us are pretty new to this, so we are just looking for good breeders (the timeline is not set in stone). So any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Try this list: Midwest Golden Retriever Breeder Resource

I would second the PP's suggestion about being patient to increase your chances of a great pup. Breeders want to know that their pup will be getting a great home.

You can also contact breeders recommended by the GRCI, Land of Lincoln GR Club, Northern Flyaway GR Club, or the Badger GR Club. Best of luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts