Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking for a reputable Golden Retriever breeder in the New England area! My husband and I are looking to adopt a Golden Retriever puppy sometime in the spring. I have been doing research on breeders but there is so much to look out for and so many breeders. It's hard to figure out which ones are good, we would love some advice!

Thank you!
Kelly

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Good luck with your search. A good place to start is to search the forum for existing threads on this topic. There are several. Also (because I am a huge rescue fan), I would suggest checking out Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue in Hudson, MA. They do have young dogs that come to their shelter. The caveat, of course, is that you have to work with a dog's past which may or may not be a significant challenge.

·
Kristy
9,937 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you can learn a lot here just by going back through older threads. If you use the search feature at the top of the page, you can enter in any term and it will bring up all previous threads on that subject. Trying to search "new england breeders" or "Reputable breeder New Hampshire" etc. will give you lots of info to look through. You can learn a lot by looking at other people's questions and the answers they receive. Try checking out www.grca.org and reading through the health info and breeder code of ethics etc. There is also a list of regional clubs and regional puppy referral contacts that you ought to check with for leads.

You may also want to change up your wording. If you want to adopt a puppy, you will want to check with rescues. When you work with a breeder, you will buy the puppy from them, they don't adopt them out.

If you have questions about a specific litter, you can get help here with the registered names of the parents. Best of luck with your project, take your time and expect to wait for a puppy from a good breeder. If you have a time frame in mind, I encourage you to expand your search area to the entire Eastern U.S. - it will help a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts