Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I know this question has been posted a few other times in the past, but I am hoping to get some recommendations of reputable breeders in the New England Area. (Previous threads seem out-of-date and I know some of the previously given information has changed).

I am not looking to get a puppy until spring/summer 2019, but I wanted to get a head start as I know wait lists are long.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I suggest googling the golden retriever clubs across New England and checking out who their active members are. It can be a good starting place, since the members adhere to a code of ethics. If you see a certain kennel name, you can plug it into the K9 data website and learn more about the breeder's dogs, their lineage and whether or not they've had health testing. Most clubs have a puppy referral rep you can contact. They don't always have news of litters on the ground, but can alert you when one is coming up or arrives. It really takes some legwork to find out litter info from the more reputable breeders because they are in such demand that there's no need for them to go crazy updating website and such; they don't need to advertise. If you find a breeder you like, you might also plug their name in the search function here and see if there is any posted feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts