Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a reputable breeder for an American golden. I feel like all I am coming across are puppy mills! Looking in DC, VA, MD, DE, NC area but willing to travel for the right breeder! Thank you!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It's a tough time to find a puppy as reputable breeders are overwhelmed with inquiries. There are some names here

·
Kristy
10,252 Posts
Welcome, I encourage you to go to the 'finding a breeder' board and start reading through those posts. Go back a few years if you have to. Make use of the questions asked and information given in those to help you get started. Go to the breed club site GRCA.org and spend time there, there are regional club listings and puppy referral contact listings that can be useful to get you started. The over all information here is going to be valid from year to year and good breeders will be around, you just need to ask questions about health clearances and how puppies are raised. If all you keep finding is puppy mill type people, you are definitely doing the wrong kind of search. The demand is over the top for well bred puppies, so you are smart to widen your area of travel it may reduce your wait time. Don't get discouraged and be willing to wait - it's worth it for a good breeder.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I’m brand new to GRCF, haven’t posted before, but thought you might want to check out Eldorado Golden Retrievers in the Richmond, VA area. We found them through this forum, and now we’re waiting for our puppy to be born. Chris Browning shows dogs and also breeds them. I’ve found nothing but glowing praise for her and her dogs. She’s been showing dogs for 40 years, I think, and breeding for a long time too. Her dogs have excellent health clearances, and she’s very careful about whom she sells her puppies to. We feel VERY lucky that she liked us and is willing to reserve a puppy for us. I believe she has several litters coming soon, but I don’t know if all the pups are spoken for. Good luck finding a great breeder and a wonderful new companion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts