Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I don't know if you are in the east or west of the state, but the Fort Detroit Golden Retriever puppy referral people and Walt Faubion, the Marshbanks Golden Retriever Club puppy referral person are GREAT and the best place to find reputable breeders who have or will have pups.

Reactions: Megora

·
Registered
926 Posts
Malagold is an excellent breeder in Michigan if you want a low key, low drive puppy.
Kokopelli is also in Michigan.

If you're looking for a field golden, I would highly recommend Wynwood Goldens.

·
Registered
926 Posts
hvgoldens4 summarized what I was going to say.

Additionally, my goldens groomer (who only grooms goldens out of her house) has two females that she has bred to Monica's Cyber. I have met and seen the dogs grow literally from weeks old to over 2 years old and all have impeccable golden temperments with calm, playful personalities.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"DianaM had a spreadsheet of different Michigan breeders that she put together when she was looking for her Gracie. If you send her a PM, she might be able to help you out"

I have not been able to PM DianaM regarding MI breeders. Does anyone know where she ended up getting Gracie, or how I can get a hold of her to ask?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
You need 15 posts to PM.

Reactions: kimmysq

·
Murdock's daddy
174 Posts
Calliesmommy,

We too have just begun the process of finding a few reputable breeders that we like and narrowing down our choices from there.

Being this is going to be our second golden and that we were spoiled previously by having been blessed with a spectacular golden(passed 02/12/12), it is not going to be easy, but should be well worth all the effort.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Calliesmommy,

We too have just begun the process of finding a few reputable breeders that we like and narrowing down our choices from there.

Being this is going to be our second golden and that we were spoiled previously by having been blessed with a spectacular golden(passed 02/12/12), it is not going to be easy, but should be well worth all the effort.
We too, just lost our golden this month. She was only 9 and it was quite unexpected. Have you found any breeders that you are considering?

·
flykelley
675 Posts
We too, just lost our golden this month. She was only 9 and it was quite unexpected. Have you found any breeders that you are considering?
Hi Gang
There are several to choose from, I really like www.asorosgoldens.com. The problem is most of the good breeders sell there puppies before they are even born so it takes some planning. There is one in lower mi to stay away from and when you can pm send me one and I will share there name with you. Don't want to just throw it out here because it may not be they are doing something wrong but I have lost two of there Goldens to cancer at age nine so I can't go back there.

Mike

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Gang
There are several to choose from, I really like www.asorosgoldens.com. The problem is most of the good breeders sell there puppies before they are even born so it takes some planning. There is one in lower mi to stay away from and when you can pm send me one and I will share there name with you. Don't want to just throw it out here because it may not be they are doing something wrong but I have lost two of there Goldens to cancer at age nine so I can't go back there.

Mike

Thanks Mike for the tip. I am not able to pm anyone yet, don't have enough posts, but would really appreciate if you could pm me. TIA.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Calliesmommy & Maverick James--We, too, are looking to get another Golden puppy this summer. We lost our sweet Golden girl on January 7th. She was only 6.5 years old--it was cancer.

I'm hoping to find a good, reputable breeder as well. Some names that I've heard, but don't know much about are Halltree, Chien D'or, & Green Acres. Anyone know anything about these?

I also would like to know the name of the breeder to which Mike is referring, but I can't PM yet either as I'm new to the forum. So, Calliesmommy or Mike, could you please PM me with that info? My heart couldn't take losing another dog to cancer, especially at a young age again.

Thanks for any and all recommendations & info!

·
flykelley
675 Posts
Calliesmommy & Maverick James--We, too, are looking to get another Golden puppy this summer. We lost our sweet Golden girl on January 7th. She was only 6.5 years old--it was cancer.

I'm hoping to find a good, reputable breeder as well. Some names that I've heard, but don't know much about are Halltree, Chien D'or, & Green Acres. Anyone know anything about these?

I also would like to know the name of the breeder to which Mike is referring, but I can't PM yet either as I'm new to the forum. So, Calliesmommy or Mike, could you please PM me with that info? My heart couldn't take losing another dog to cancer, especially at a young age again.

Thanks for any and all recommendations & info!
halltree isn't breeding any longer as far as I know. The owner is Cherri Berger unless Im having a brain fart. I will PM everyone who has asked about which breeder my two Goldens came from. I will not throw it out here on the open forum. It will have to be later tonight as Im headed out to work. I will tell you this, they are just south of Flint.

Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
halltree isn't breeding any longer as far as I know. The owner is Cherri Berger unless Im having a brain fart. I will PM everyone who has asked about which breeder my two Goldens came from. I will not throw it out here on the open forum. It will have to be later tonight as Im headed out to work. I will tell you this, they are just south of Flint.

Mike
Mike--

Halltree is still breeding. I believe they'll have a litter this spring/summer. Contact person there is Michele.

I'll be on the lookout for your PM. Thanks for that.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts