Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations on a reputable breeder within a 5-6 hr drive (possibly farther) of Huntsville, Al would be greatly appreciated. We have spent hours on the web and emailing and calling breeders with little luck. We are looking for a female, available after 15 Dec, with all the health clearances and from a breeder who has been around a while with an established record.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Ozzy

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Any recommendations on a reputable breeder within a 5-6 hr drive (possibly farther) of Huntsville, Al would be greatly appreciated. We have spent hours on the web and emailing and calling breeders with little luck. We are looking for a female, available after 15 Dec, with all the health clearances and from a breeder who has been around a while with an established record.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Ozzy

Hi,

There are some reputable breeders in south Mississippi with upcoming litters, but would be due to go home Jan/Feb. I can message you some details and also I know some other breeders in GA that might have availablity.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are some reputable breeders in south Mississippi with upcoming litters, but would be due to go home Jan/Feb. I can message you some details and also I know some other breeders in GA that might have availablity.

Yes, any help or suggestions are appreciated.

We will also be in the Ft Lauderdale, Orlando, Ocala, Valdosta areas on Dec10 if anyone knows of puppies available in those areas.

Thanks again for your help,
Ozzy

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I am going to send you a private message and you can email me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the help and info. We found a female available end of Dec from a long-time golden breeder in Birmingham.

I think she also has one male left if anyone is interested, LMK.

Thanks again,
Ozzy

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Oh Great!! Who is the breeder?

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
I'm happy for you-
who's the breeder? I lived in Chattanooga for 20 years and think I probably know every breeder in Alabama....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dee Cato. She was recommended by our local GR club. Actually, she was also recommended to us 9 years ago when we got Murphy.

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
Dee is great.
She bred to my boy Jake once- wouldn't that be funny if he was your dog's sire? It was about 8-9 years ago!
His registered name = CH SR Prism's Freedom Isn't Free CDX JH WCX VC....if you still have his pedigree, that'd be a hoot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
9 years ago all of Dee's puppies were taken. We got Murphy from Jeanne Fulton - Bluewater Golden Retrievers (Chattanooga / Harrison / Delray Beach). She had "leased" the dog from Mimi Mendia - Ajan Golden Retrievers. It was kinda confusing to us, but when ended up with beautiful, smart, obedient golden. I just wish cancer had not taken her so early at 9.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts