Hi all - quick background:
My girlfriend and I have been searching for a breeder match for about a year and a half now. I am always skeptical about the breeders that get back to quickly and say they have puppies available and also won't provide me health clearances "until I go pick up the puppy". These are all out.
I have also reached out to some breeders that are reputable and have everything we want, but have 3 year waiting lists... To me that's a little bit crazy especially since we've been looking for over a year now.
Our goal would be to have a puppy by the beginning of 2022 or even around Feb 2022. If anyone has any contacts they can provide me that may be a good match for us around the Westchester, NY area that would be amazing. We are of course also willing to drive 3-4 hours but just wanted to tell you where we lived.
Some info about us incase it helps:
- I'm 27 and my girlfriend is 25
- We live in Yorktown Heights, NY on 2 acres of land that is fenced
- I work from home full time and my girlfriend will be working in the office 3 days a week starting in October
- My girlfriend grew up with a Golden/Husky mix
- We are looking for a typical American Golden Retriever with the yellowish gold coat - but not really being picky here but just putting that out there.
Thank you all for everything!
We really look forward to soon joining the golden community.