Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all I am looking at a puppy from Rensselaer Golden Retrievers and Golden Gals in Connecticut. Does anyone have any information or experience with them?
I got my dog from Golden Gals and she is a great dog! She is a beautiful dog! I have never felt softer fur, it’s amazing. They also stand behind there dog. When I first got her, she had a very small heart mur mur, which she said is not unusual for puppies. My vet said the puppy will probably grow out of it and that it was very possible that when they had there vet check the dog it might not have been there. So I called them and they were willing to work with me. They offered a return and refund on the spot if o wanted it but I already fell in love with her so I said no but would monitor it. The next vet appointment she was cleared. She was also given with all AKC papers.
Great people, get place, great dog.
Hope is now 8 months old and I couldn’t. Be happier.

I would definitely recommend this place.

Brian

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I've had my boy for 10 months now. His first owners got him thru GoldenGals but decided for personal reasons they needed to give him up. When I first made contact with the owners and took possession of him, I had no idea of where he'd come from and didn't find out until 3-4 months later. He's a fabulous dog - sweet, intelligent, gorgeous and healthy. None of his early vet paperwork that I'd been given from previous owners indicate any type of health issues. I'm blessed this sweet boy is part of our family. He loves his two older golden sisters (6 yrs old and 13 yrs old).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to second Rick's post. I picked my pup up from the golden gals Sep. 16, so our dogs are probably from the same litter. He has had chronic, worsening diarrhea since we got him. He has been diagnosed with giardiasis but isn't improving with treatment. Do you happen to know the name of the "uncommon" bacteria that was found in your dog's stool? Our vet hasn't been able to find anything else to explain his symptoms
Hi- were you able to determine the uncommon bacteria? Have you found anything to help the diarrhea improve? Afraid we might be in a similar boat. 5 month old female from the same place..

·
Registered
2 Posts
stay away!! from golden gals - they just sold me a puppy with kennel cough and giardia and some other "uncommon" bacteria in the stool. when informed of this, the owner said if i was unhappy i could bring the puppy back. why would i bring her back to such an uncaring/unhealthy place? our vet is currently treating the puppy - she is in good hands now.
Rick Retter
sherman CT
Hi- were you able to determine the uncommon bacteria? Have you found anything to help the diarrhea improve? Afraid we might be in a similar boat. 5 month old female from the same place..

·
Registered
2 Posts
From everything I've read and researched, golden gals is reputable breeder. I went to see puppies and pick mine up in 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Golden Gals is not a reputable breeder.They are a commercial kennel, it is focused on profit at the expense of ethical decisions. Our dog had parvo on pickup and the owners denied it, meanwhile they continued to sell their dogs. They did offer us a refund if we wanted to give our dog back who was hooked up to an IV to save her life.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Golden Gals is not a reputable breeder.They are a commercial kennel, it is focused on profit at the expense of ethical decisions. Our dog had parvo on pickup and the owners denied it, meanwhile they continued to sell their dogs. They did offer us a refund if we wanted to give our dog back who was hooked up to an IV to save her life.
They’ve sent the last few litters home with parvo as far as I understand. Parvo can happen to any breeder but if they’re denying it that’s an issue. My girl is from a different breeder in CT and I remember when I got her in 2020 golden gals has a litter worh parvo and my breeder found out the affected puppies had been in the same training facility as some of her dogs and was worried about her litters being exposed. The biggest issue with golden gals is the lack of health testing, breeding on prelims or foreign clearances. Additionally they don’t show or do anything with their dogs.

·
Registered
931 Posts
They’ve sent the last few litters home with parvo as far as I understand. Parvo can happen to any breeder but if they’re denying it that’s an issue. My girl is from a different breeder in CT and I remember when I got her in 2020 golden gals has a litter worh parvo and my breeder found out the affected puppies had been in the same training facility as some of her dogs and was worried about her litters being exposed. The biggest issue with golden gals is the lack of health testing, breeding on prelims or foreign clearances. Additionally they don’t show or do anything with their dogs.
Wow, I've never heard of parvo in CT. That's scary. I wasn't considering them but thank you for posting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There has been another couple cases of Parvo positive puppies coming out of GG again over the last month here again in CT. It is so very heartbreaking for not just these families but for their puppies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We lost our 12 year old Golden (from Goldensands Goldens in VT) in early April. We were so grief stricken and desperate that just a few weeks later we put a deposit on a puppy from GG. After reading some of the posts on this site, we decided against this breeder. We lost our deposit but I do not regret the second thought. I do not want to encourage poor breeding, and should have let my head not my heart guide that choice. A month later we brought home a Butternut Golden puppy girl, who is a dream.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts