Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you were around--but I know it is not many, if any--when membrs on this forum worked together and transported a goldenall the way from Florida to Canada? Members all up the Eastr seaboard took turns driving her from 25 miles or so up to a few hundred miles to gt her to hr new owner. Another time one was transported the same I think from PA to ME. And I seem to remember one going from Florida to west Texas.

Members had those ticker things in theri signature that kept up with time as a litter was due, or in a coupl of cass, a baby was due. All this was so exciting and fun. When I lost golden girl KayCee in '08, one membr sent me a beautiful ceramic wind chime with goldens and two went together and sent me a pewter one. Both are hanging in my bay window to this day. It was all about caring for each other and helping in any way we could. It was not about money, just golden lovers discussing their dogs, happy things, sad things, asing for help, asking for advice, posting pictures of their beautiful dogs. I tknow things has to change, but some things should nver chang and this forum is one of them. I truly miss the old one, th popel who left and will never return.

·
Registered
20,995 Posts
I totally agree

·
Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
I don't know how many of you were around--but I know it is not many, if any--when membrs on this forum worked together and transported a goldenall the way from Florida to Canada? Members all up the Eastr seaboard took turns driving her from 25 miles or so up to a few hundred miles to gt her to hr new owner. Another time one was transported the same I think from PA to ME. And I seem to remember one going from Florida to west Texas.
Well I think this spirit still exists here. I remember about two months ago an owner needed to place his dog while undergoing medical care. Several of us volunteered to take his golden on for as long as necessary and others offered to transport the dog from North Carolina (I think) to Vermont. The owner fortunately found someone close by to take his dog, but there were many well intentioned people who stepped up.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I’ve been away from the forum for a few years. When I put my golden down in September I came back to write a Rainbow bridge tribute for her. The format change I understand. What has surprised me is the lack of new posts. There was more dialogue in previous years.

·
Registered
20,995 Posts
I've been trying, really trying, to get adjusted to and to like the new format. Sorry, I just can't. No wonder there are so few old timers participating.

·
3 goldens
11,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still do not like it. I hate, hate hate those darn ads that post up in replies. So distracting. Sure I can scroll past the, but I don't realize they are a stinking ad until I start to read them. I cant' ever recall having this annoyance in any other forum I have been on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts