Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two months ago today we lost our sweet Buddy. The pain is still there, but I am determined to smile today for him too. He was a great friend, companion, and my "baby". Buddy I love you so, and am so thankful for all the years we had together. We have new snow this week, and you would have loved it! I felt like making a snow angel in your honor. I hope there is a patch of snow at the Rainbow Bridge for you to enjoy. A friend passed this along to me, and though I am not at this point, maybe someday.....

Before humans die, they write their last Will and Testament, give their home & all they have, to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask...

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

-My happy home.
-My bowl & cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys.
-The lap, which I loved so much.
-The hand that stroked my fur & the sweet voice which spoke my name.

I'd will to the sad, scared shelter dog, the place I had in my human's loving heart, of which there seemed to be no bounds.

So, when I die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand."

Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope and give MY place to HIM.

This is the only thing I can give....

The love I left behind.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Buddysmyheart

Two months ago today we lost our sweet Buddy. The pain is still there, but I am determined to smile today for him too. He was a great friend, companion, and my "baby". Buddy I love you so, and am so thankful for all the years we had together. We have new snow this week, and you would have loved it! I felt like making a snow angel in your honor. I hope there is a patch of snow at the Rainbow Bridge for you to enjoy. A friend passed this along to me, and though I am not at this point, maybe someday.....

Before humans die, they write their last Will and Testament, give their home & all they have, to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I'd ask...

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

-My happy home.
-My bowl & cozy bed, soft pillows and all my toys.
-The lap, which I loved so much.
-The hand that stroked my fur & the sweet voice which spoke my name.

I'd will to the sad, scared shelter dog, the place I had in my human's loving heart, of which there seemed to be no bounds.

So, when I die, please do not say, "I will never have a pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can stand."

Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope and give MY place to HIM.

This is the only thing I can give....

The love I left behind.

BUDDYSMYHEART: THANK you for sharing this with us-it is beautiful and I'm sure OH SO TRUE

Reactions: Buddysmyheart

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Buddy's Mommy, I believe that Buddy and all of our kids that went before us are now enjoying ALL of the things at the bridge that they enjoyed here on earth. That verse from your friend is so beautiful and true. Peace to you on this difficult 2 month bridge day.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
I am sorry it still hurts and I know how much it hurts. Your Buddy and my Buddy are playing together in the snow, waiting for us. There is no time on the other side, for them it is like blink of an eye before they see us again.
Hugs to you.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,722 Posts
BUDDYSMYHEART- That is beautiful. Sometimes when I look at Buddy I swear I see Lucky. Buddy loves to smile the same way my Lucky did. I think Lucky brought Buddy into my life because he knew we both needed each other. I never put any of Lucky's stuff a way. Now Buddy uses it. Buddy wears Lucky's old collar and ID tag with his own attached to that says "Buddy is Lucky" which he is.

I hope my Lucky is with your Buddy making golden snow angels with other snow babies that have left us for now but we will meet again. I truly believe "All Dogs Go To Heaven."

Reactions: Buddysmyheart
1 - 6 of 6 Posts