Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2007 we sent our girl - Ginny - to the bridge. It was totally unexpected, even though she had spent the night at the emergency vets after vomiting blood, and when we contacted them they said she was ok. It was only when we got her to our own vets were we told that her stomach was filled with fluid - probably blood - and following some tests that her organs were shutting down. We made the decision not to put her through any more on the advice of our vet and stayed with her until she passed to the bridge.

My special girl was just 4 months short of her 16th birthday and the day before we lost her she was having zoomies in the garden with her sister Holly. Even after 9 years the pain is still unbearable, if I could turn back the clock I would never have left her at the emergency vet but she would have stayed at home with us and spent her last hours in our arms.

Ginny, I will never forgive myself for leaving you there, but I hope you know that you were loved so much we thought we were doing the right thing for you. Stay with Grandad, and the rest of our gang until we meet again.

TO ALL THE WORLD I AM COPING, I AM FINE WHEN SOMEONE ASKS BUT IF THEY COULD SEE INSIDE MY HEART, THEY'D KNOW IT;S JUST A MASK.

I OFTEN SIT AND THINK OF HOW YOU DIED, MANY TIMES I;VE LONGED FOR YOU AND MANY TIMES I'VE CRIED

NO-ONE KNOWS MY SORROW, AND FEW HAVE SEEN ME WEEP, FOR I'VE SHED MY TEARS WITH A BROKEN HEART WHEN ALL ARE FAST ASLEEP.

I NEVER KNEW THAT MORNING, THE SORROW THAT DAY WOULD BRING
WHEN A HEART OF GOLD STOPPED BEATING, AND I COULDN'T DO A THING

A MILLION TIMES IN NEEDED YOU
A MILLION TIMES I CRIED
IF LOVE ALONE COULD HAVE SAVED YOU
YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE DIED

IN LIFE I LOVED YOU DEARLY
IN DEATH I LOVE YOU STILL
IN MY HEART YOU HOLD A PLACE
NO ONE COULD EVER FILL

Sleep softly my beautiful girl

Attachments

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Sometimes, a dog touches your life so deeply that losing them will hurt forever. But, I know with my dogs that having them, even for a short time, was worth any pain their loss caused. I wish you peace.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Ginny

What a beautiful girl your Ginny was, she reminds me of my Smooch.
I believe you did exactly the right thing for her.

Our Snobear, Samoyed, had blood in his stomach also. When they did exploratory surgery they found spots on his liver and we stayed with him, still under anesthesia, as he crossed to the Rainbow Bridge.

·
3 goldens
11,760 Posts
A dog can get into your heart in one look. I know, it has happened to me. And it doesn't matter if you have them just months or weeks, it hurts so much when you lose them. But how lucky you are to have so many years of memories of your beautiful sweet girl. And I know you treasure every single one of them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts