Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These were the last photos we have of Rusty taken last Christmas season. These were all taken almost a month to day before we sent him to the bridge.

We were putting up the tree and wrapping gifts. His sunken eyes show just how sick he was, yet he was never too sick to treat us to some of his antics. The last two photos show him getting into the tub of wrapped gifts and rooting around until he found his gift...silly silly boy:).

Merry Christmas, my friend....my best friend. We were so blessed to have had in you in our lives. We miss you so much.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
What bittersweet memories *sad smile* Thank you for sharing him with us.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
AAAHHH, what a sweetheart. Thank you for sharing such love filled photos of your boy.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Thank you for sharing such cute pictures of Rusty. He looked like a real darling.

·
and now Mollie's mom too
1,268 Posts
Dan,
What a handsome boy Rusty was, first a redhead (Rusty), then a blondie (Gracie) and a strawberry blonde (Ruby). You've got all the colors covered. :)
And Steve, what a wonderful tribute to Rusty, thank you

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
A beautiful boy - i'm sure he will be playing with new friends and looking down and smiling.

Sleep softly Rusty

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Rusty, healthy and young again, will have a wonderful Christmas at Rainbow Bridge. I can picture him playing with my beautiful redhead, Maggie. Merry Christmas, Rusty!

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
Just Beautiful - Made tears come to my eyes. I dread the day I have to go through this the first time or anytime. Gracie keeps catching my attention, i just love her coloring and expressions. Mele Kalikimaka..

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Rusty

Rusty

What a beautiful boy!

Rusty: Please give big sloppy kisses to my kids at the Bridge and have a real nice Christmas with them and know that all of us here on earth, are missing you all so much!!

·
3 goldens
11,947 Posts
I know how sad this time is for you What a beautiful boy he was.

·
Registered
81 Posts
With tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat am writing this thank you for the lovely pictures and am sure Rusty will be with you at this time take care.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Seeing this thread kind of late Dan but I know we talked about how very special Rusty was. Too bad him & Korky didn't know each other.

·
Missing Naughty Charlie
4,539 Posts
Brought tears to my eyes as well what a lovely boy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts