Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
goldensrbest post of a Dallas remake got me thinking........

What TV series or movies would you love to see a remake of if they were to try one?

Also what TV series or movie do you hope they never attempt to do a remake on?

·
Kristy
9,812 Posts
Oh that's easy for me!!! Lassie!!! :)

I would love to see fantasy island re-made.... Although, again, I'm afraid our present-day, can you top this - nothin is off limits mentality would make it something completely different....

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I wish they would,and they have, at least the first few, will be fun to see, if not good,they will stop it, if okay, it will be there a little while. N ot a chance in h-ll, there will be a 13 yr. Run, i guess it was no good back then, think?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I agree mash, was special, i use to get a laugh, with designing women, most of them are still alive ,i think,well i think two have passed.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Little House on the Prairie might be good if they got right. Goodnight Johnboy, LOL. Not risque enough for today's audience though.

Baa Baa Black Sheep was good, McHale's navy, F troop.

·
Administrator
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For a movie I think I would like to see how a remake would turn out would be for The Breakfast Club. I do not think there is a "Brat Pack" in todays world, and I am not sure the original could be beat but I would be up for seeing what they could do with it.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I LIKE THE OLD BLACK,AND WHITE MOVIES, back then things were just not so in your face, and perverted as these days, just don't like tv ,got tired of hgtv, watched it for a while, but that got boring.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Oh, and loved Grizzly Adams and his bear Ben, that was a great show. These were shows of simpler times. I think some shows I have mentioned would fail today with the in your face shock value to get ratings. I love a good, simple right from wrong type drama. You know, tv that used to teach people something about morals.

·
Administrator
16,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
. I love a good, simple right from wrong type drama. You know, tv that used to teach people something about morals.
That certainly was not All in the Family back in the day.......LOL
There is no way a show like that could make it on TV now a days and a todays remake would not be the same. I remember watching that with my Grandfather when it first came out.
Carroll O'Connor certainly played up the part.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Today's shows still have morals. They are just different. They can all be boiled down to just one: its OK if you just don't get caught.

I used to like the fist fights in old TV westerns such as Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, the Cisco Kid. These fights were over with quickly and no blood! Also the gun fights. No blood,
and the shots were always to the shoulder ("its OK, its only a flesh wound Tonto")

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I would love the old Seinfeld gang to get back together--Seinfeld, George, Kramer and Elaine... I got a little bit of a reunion on Curb Your Enthusiasm, but not enough! I loved that show!

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
For a movie I think I would like to see how a remake would turn out would be for The Breakfast Club. I do not think there is a "Brat Pack" in todays world, and I am not sure the original could be beat but I would be up for seeing what they could do with it.

I love that movie! My older cousin took me to see it when I was little.

·
Dakota Katie River's Mom
1,684 Posts
I'm with Rob, nothing could touch the original M*A*S*H. I even got my kids addicted to it. Before the fire we had the entire series on DVD. I enjoy finding some of the old shows on Netflix. It's amazing how some of them aren't quite the same for me anymore, whether it's because I've changed or if the change is in the technology or something else.

·
Registered
10,524 Posts
I will be very upset if they ever do a remake of Dirty Dancing! I'm kind of looking forward to Dallas-guilty pleasure :)

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Remakes are NEVER as good as the original in my opinion

·
<3
2,401 Posts
I will be very upset if they ever do a remake of Dirty Dancing! I'm kind of looking forward to Dallas-guilty pleasure :)
They've already done a remake of Dirty Dancing....it's called Dirty Dancing: Havana Night. I'm not sure if it's an ACTUAL remake, or if its spin off.

They remade footloose and i've heard it's pretty good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts