Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My puppy's not registered, and I'm looking to join a local golden retriever club and it says that you must be "in good standing with the AKC", does this mean that my puppy must be registered to join? Also, if it does require registration do you think a pal/ilp count? Thanks :)
Here's a link to their website: http://www.arklatexgrc.org/

·
16,000 Posts
It would mean that you are not under an AKC suspension. An ILP listing should be acceptable, particularly if you plan on competing in obedience or agility.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Each club is different, but just saying that you have to be in good standing usually only means you can't be in trouble with the AKC. If you haven't done anything with AKC before, then you would still be in good standing with them.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Out of curiosity what sort of things would make you not in good standing with the AKC? I'm very familiar (not personally) with this sort of thing with horse showing, but just wondering with dogs. I'd assume showing a dog not eligible for a certain class or unpaid show bills would make one not in good standing - is this assumption accurate?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts