Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
It's Marsha Fuzia's litter, Rhett x Destiny. I think I'm allowed to post that since they are all definitely spoken for.

I have decided on my name. He will be (kennel name) Hez Good To Go with the call name Cruz. Thank you everybody for the ideas. I had a list and I narrowed it down to two last night. I then watched some of the videos of him again last night and made my mind up. I am pretty positive I know which one is mine since I'm looking for something a little different with the hunt side. I don't think I should say anything though because the actual temperament testing will be done next week and it's still up to Marsha. I have to say if anyone is looking for a puppy she is amazing to work with.
I like it! I especially like the call name, Cruz! Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,707 Posts
I am excited. I’ve been on a list for her since last summer. I’m asking her for something out of her specialty with the hunting portion. She has been amazing! She tested the boys on birds for me yesterday. They are precious. I’ve been on the sidelines of training because my husband runs Moe and Duke is fully retired. This puppy is going to be mine all mine! Lol

Oh good for you, how exciting.
I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your new boy Cruz.

Great name choice!

·
Premium Member
18,094 Posts
Okay guys so I have a new puppy coming in just a couple of weeks. I have a list of names but I am having an impossible time making my final decision. I don't want to post my list because I just haven't found that perfect one. I have Duke and Moe. My oldest son named Duke after John Wayne and It went with his registered name. My youngest son named Moe and in all honesty my husband and I have regretted letting him name him from day 1. He pulled the "I've never gotten to name a single one of our dogs" on us....

Here are the facts:
It's a male Golden
Kennel Name will come first
Litter Name Has to Be in the Name and it is "Good"
The puppy will be hunt trained and we will run tests with him.

We live on a farm. Our hobbies include tennis, dirt track racing, and we own horses. Our oldest son team ropes in rodeo competitions. My oldest son and husband are avid hunters. Our trainer prefers one syllable call names but it can be two. I like for the call name to go with the registered name. It doesn't have to be in the registered name but I like you to be able to draw the connection.

Thought maybe this would give everyone something good to think about with all the negative stuff going on in the world.

I am so excited for you! We will have half siblings!!!! I love Marsha!

·
Barry T.
6 Posts
Congrats on the new puppy. Lost my Max last year to lymphoma and am considering another Golden maybe next year. Another hunter as Max was a beast in the field.

As for part of your name -
"He's a Good One" or "He's the Good One".
"My Good Buddy"
"Let the Good Times Roll"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay guys so I have a new puppy coming in just a couple of weeks. I have a list of names but I am having an impossible time making my final decision. I don't want to post my list because I just haven't found that perfect one. I have Duke and Moe. My oldest son named Duke after John Wayne and It went with his registered name. My youngest son named Moe and in all honesty my husband and I have regretted letting him name him from day 1. He pulled the "I've never gotten to name a single one of our dogs" on us....

Here are the facts:
It's a male Golden

We live on a farm. Our hobbies include tennis, dirt track racing, and we own horses. Our oldest son team ropes in rodeo competitions. My oldest son and husband are avid hunters. Our trainer prefers one syllable call names but it can be two. I like for the call name to go with the registered name. It doesn't have to be in the registered name but I like you to be able to draw the connection.

Thought maybe this would give everyone something good to think about with all the negative stuff going on in the world.
Good times at the rodeo- call name rodeo or roper

·
Premium Member
18,094 Posts
I love "Good To Go" or "Good As I Once Was"
"Let the Good Times Roll" or "Good to the Last Drop"
Such a fun litter theme!!!
OH!!! Good as I Once Was - call name Toby!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So many good ideas here! I'm finding this too late. We're also getting one of the puppies from the Good litter, but we're getting a girl. I had a tough time coming up with an AKC registration name (and we have 2 choices picked out for the call name, but are waiting until we meet her to decide on one!). We ended up going with "A Good Spot to Anchor"; we have a sailboat and I wanted to incorporate anchors somehow. I definitely agree with DblTrblGolden2 - Marsha is amazing and has spoiled us with tons of photos and videos during the last 8 weeks!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So many good ideas here! I'm finding this too late. We're also getting one of the puppies from the Good litter, but we're getting a girl. I had a tough time coming up with an AKC registration name (and we have 2 choices picked out for the call name, but are waiting until we meet her to decide on one!). We ended up going with "A Good Spot to Anchor"; we have a sailboat and I wanted to incorporate anchors somehow. I definitely agree with DblTrblGolden2 - Marsha is amazing and has spoiled us with tons of photos and videos during the last 8 weeks!
We owned boats years ago and I love that registered name!

·
BBQ Bill
3 Posts
We are getting a "Good" litter pup as well. Our family is very excited, we have decided on "(kennel name) As Good As Gold" but still haven't settled on the call name yet either, we will wait until we meet her. BTW weather is looking good for a puppy flight tomorrow!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
We are getting a "Good" litter pup as well. Our family is very excited, we have decided on "(kennel name) As Good As Gold" but still haven't settled on the call name yet either, we will wait until we meet her. BTW weather is looking good for a puppy flight tomorrow!
I can't thank you enough!! The call name can take some time. I'm so excited! I've been trying very hard to just be patient but today that has all gone out the window. Those are some feisty little girls!!

·
Premium Member
18,094 Posts
I'm so excited for you!!!! I have a puppy from this breeder's litter from last year. The breeder is wonderful. Congratulations!

·
Registered
22 Posts

Here are the facts:
It's a male Golden

One name that came off the top of my head was “Old Yeller” 😂🤷‍♂️

21 - 39 of 39 Posts