Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know Kali's pregnancy has been confirmed. After reading some of the great the Go litter name ideas I was wondering if you guys could help. As many of you seem to be a lot better at it then I :eek:. The litter theme is "The Fragrance Litter" so perfume and cologne names and titles. I need names more so for males then females but both would be helpful :crossfing. Thanks in advance :)

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Okay... ya just gotta have an Old Spice!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
A lot of them are named after menswear designers.

Paco Rabanne
Joop!
Hugo Boss
Polo
Calvin Klein Eternity
Giorgio Armani
Lacoste
Happy for Men
Cool Water

·
OTCH Wannabes!
3,088 Posts
HAHAHA...I LOVE Steph's idea...Old Spice is a GOOD ONE!! :D

I can't think of any perfumes and stuff...like Stetson? I don't know 'old peoples' fragrences...whatever I say you'll all go huh?LOL..

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
Bay Rum
Coco Channel
More in the morning- too sleepy

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Ooh this is fun! I went to Sephora and looked at the women's and men's fragrances for the names, here you go:

For girls:
Ralph Lauren Romance
Burberry
Dior J'adore
Gucci Envy Me
Dior Pure Poison
Givenchy Very Irresistible
Marc Jacobs Daisy
Lacoste Touch of Pink
Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Magic
Vera Wang Truly Pink

For boys:
Givenchy Very Irrestible (this one was also as a cologne and I think it's cute!)
Dior Fahrenheit
Diesel Fuel For Life
Cartier Declaration
Ralph Lauren Polo Black and there was a Ralph Lauren Polo Blue
Versace The Dreamer
Calvin Klein Eternity
Lacoste Style in Play
Ralph Lauren Romance (also in a Cologne)
DKNY Be Delicious Men
Kenneth Cole Reaction
Ralph Lauren Polo Explorer

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like Dior J'adore, Dior Fahrenheit, Coco Channel, Calvin Klein Eternity and some others! Can't wait to hear more Ljilly!!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Let's not forget Shalimar for a girl. Of course, the first thought was Old Spice.. and I love the Polo reference ( call him Marco???), Lagerfeld Jako ( Jake... Jack)

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
Flowerbomb (my favorite perfume after Coco Chanel)
Grey Flannel
Brooks Brothers
Cassis Rose
Aqua Lily (Body Shop)
Sandlewood
Linden
Joy (an oldie but a goodie)
Chanel Number Five
Hugo Boss
Latitude Longitude (Nautica Men's)
Halsten
Escada Moon Sparkle For Men
Chakra (Aveda's perfume)
Dolce & Gabbana
Fracas
Stetson
Anais, Anais (popular 90's perfume named after sexpot writer Anais Nin)
L'Air du Temps
Nina Ricci
White Linen
Davidoff
Love's Baby Soft (yeah, 7th grade dance!)
Lily Of The Valley
Bergamot
Elizabeth Arden (Arden is a pretty name- it is Shakespeare's forest).
Opium
Sake (from Fresh Perfumes in Boston)
Tommy Bahama (cologne all the prep school boys in my classes wear when not wearing Bay Rum)
Archipelago
Philosophy Amazing Grace
Perry Ellis
Jungle Gardenia /Wind Song/Tigress/White Shoulders from the olden days

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
I have no clue if there is another reason, but I like themed litters, because when I go to K9 data, I can pickout which pups are likely littermates :)

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
I just remembered that Kali is She's Da Bomb, right? So Flowerbomb Perfume by viktor&Rolf is a good one!

Viktor & Rolf, the dutch designer duo present a new vision of fashion, where spectacular means elegant. For the past ten years, each of their collections has been universally acclaimed by the public, thanks to their ability to bring imagination into a whirlwind of fabrics which tell fabulous tales. Flowerbomb perfume is their first women's fragrance, representing a heart-felt ideal. An explosive bouquet, a host of sweet floral layers, mingling jasmine, rose, freesia and orchids, underlined with patchouli. A lingering fragrance, which leaves a very chic, swirling trail. Flowerbomb perfume is more than a name, it's a way of seeing life, an antidote to the reality against which we have only one weapon: dreams.

·
Thumper fan
998 Posts
Okay, I've been hunting for this thread this morning -- just had to see all the names you guys dream up. You guys are good! :p:

·
Premium Member
17,923 Posts
Breeders use litter themes so they know which puppy came from which litter (usually), there may be other reasons too.

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know they haven't always done that. How did they tell before? Or are breeders having more litters?
Would a breeder answer?
I like themes because if someone calls me and says Chantilly's KharTune Klassic finished this weekend. I know right away thats from the "Tunes" litter. Its just an easier way to keep track. Life is too busy for things to be complicated so thats my reasoning. Also, becuase they are fun to come up with (if your good at it). Loving all the names guys, keep them coming.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Ash,

How would you be putting the name together? i.e., kennel name, fragrance name and then some other catchy words???

I love perfume and own quite a few. This could be such a fun project...

Some that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Female:

- Chanel "Allure"
- Chanel "Chance"
- Chanel "Coco Mademoiselle"
- Lancome "Tresor" (translates to "treasure")
- Lancome "Miracle"
- Lancome "Magie Noir" (Black Magic)
- Clinique "Happy"
- Estee Lauder "Beautiful"
- Estee Lauder "Beyond Paradise"
- Estee Lauder "Pleasures"
- Estee Lauder "Knowing"
- Estee Lauder "Youth Dew"
- Mugler "Angel"
- Dior "Dolce Vita" (good life)
- Guerlain "Insolence"
- Guerlain "L'Instant"

Male:

- Chanel "Egoiste" (I believe it translates to "egotist")
- Givenchy "Irresistable"

If I can think of some more I'll post again!

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I was hoping to use something like Chantilly's Burberry London or Chantilly CK One just something cool and catchy. To me it would not matter if it was the brand or the "formula" LOL but I love the ones you posted so far!! I think I am almost set on what to call my 2 puppies but want others to have a good selection. Thanks everyone keep them coming!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts