Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about this breeder? I have always had labs but the shedding on the dark wood floors have made Goldens seem like a better dog for our future family. I have recently discovered the health problems associated with the unethical breeding of Creme colored large size dogs. My mothers 10 year old lab has recently become blind so I am much more concerned about heath than price and looking for as much information as I can this time around. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regal Goldens | English Cream Goldens | Golden Retrievers | English Golden Retrievers | White Golden Retrievers | Puppies

·
Registered
304 Posts
you can search here for the puppy buying guide & read tons about how to choose an ethical breeder. Without even going to the site you provided...anyone who tries to push "english cream" is someone I'd stay away from. A golden properly bred is a golden. Go to the golden retriever club in your area & find a list of breeders thru them - just my opinion! You will find many threads already on this forum about how to choose for health clearances, etc. good luck!!

michelle

ps-if you dont' mind coming to houston - check out xcelerate goldens and also chateau goldens - both excellent breeders!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
From this breeder's website:
The English Golden Retriever is heavier and stockier than its American counterpart. It has a broader skull and more muscular forequarters. While generally lighter in color than its American Golden, color has become less and less a defining characteristic of the breed. The British Breed Standard specifies that the Retriever's color should be ("- any shade of gold or cream, neither red nor mahogany"). The American Standard, which states ("- rich, lustrous golden of various shades."), and the Canadian Standard (" - lustrous golden of various shades") are not much more specific, and it would seem that a "typical" Retriever could fit within any of the three standards. The breeds are in reality distinguished from one another primarily by their respective conformations. They are all "Golden" to one degree or another.

So that's a good thing at least. A quick check of some of the dogs showed missing clearances so I'd ask about that. I would contact a GR club in Ontario to ask about the breeder.

Michelle, the breeders you mentioned have beautiful American style pups!

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,727 Posts

·
Kristy
9,918 Posts
Does anyone know anything about this breeder? I have always had labs but the shedding on the dark wood floors have made Goldens seem like a better dog for our future family.
Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to learn about Goldens, please check out the stickies on the "choosing a breeder" board, they contain a lot of useful information to help you make a good choice and not be taken advantage of.

I notice you say you have dark floors and labs shed too much... I don't know how to break this to you, but Goldens really aren't any better. Their undercoat and fluff is a bit easier to clean up than a lab's stiff coat, but it still requires daily upkeep (vacuuming sweeping etc.) if you have any housekeeping standards...

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
the nice thing about golden hair vs. lab hair is that it forms tumbleweeds and you can predict where it will end up.. that having been said there is nothing wrong with having a preference for a lighter colored dog or an "English" dog.... I prefer them myself, a good place to start is at the English Goldens in North America website... they will lead you to breeders who have that type and are more reputable but still do your homework and check clearances etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts