Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Koda was licking her paw which she never does she we looked at it closer and it looks like the skin between her "toe" pads and the middle pad had some red, irritated skin. I couldn't see an actual spot causing it.

Is there something I can put on it to help it heal faster? She hasn't really bothered it since last night but it was still red this morning when I looked at it.

Not sure if she stepped on something that scratched her or if it is from being in the sprinkler all the time and not drying properly...?

Either way, just looking for something I can put on it or if I should just let it run its course.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
It could be a yeast infection starting, or that she's allergic to something she walks on. Tucker does the licking thing, too. I've been putting Sulfadene on it--helps keep him from licking/chewing (tastes bad) and it's antiseptic so helps heal too. I dip a Q-tip into the bottle and just slide it between his toes. I just need to remember to re-apply it... :doh:

·
Sasha, Honey & Toro's Mom
741 Posts
Honey has had this problem twice. Because she is missing one toenail, the skin on the pads seems to rub differently. It gets an irritation and she licks it. Honey is currently on an antibiotic because her pad got all infected. But hopefully if you watch it and Koda doesn't lick it too much, it will heal on its own. Just keep an eye on it.

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not on the pads, its on the skin between the pads. Is this Sulfodene still okay to use on the skin?

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
My Golden gets this and my dachshund also. I often put something like Neosporin on it or Neo-predef powder. It comes and goes.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
When Sammi had red itchy areas my vet told me it was ok to put a little Cortaid on the area, it really seemed to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts