Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Red field golden breeders

4892 7
Hello all! I have a red field golden who was a rescue- I’m looking for another. Can anyone recommend a breeder for actual red field Goldens? My dog is tall, thin and short hair with no undercoat. I can’t seem to find any breeder to meet all of these attributes.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Field-type golden retrievers actually come in all colors. The field breeders I know are less likely to care about color than any other attribute.

Are you looking for a companion? A puppy as a possible performance dog? Your location? That information will help us guide you better than anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I actually manage a vet clinic so I am aware that all fields are not red but I am partial to red. It’s just my preference. I have a three year old and a newborn and my dog is 9 years old. My dog is very much your typical golden companion however still at 9 he has the endurance of a 2 year old. I’m looking for a puppy that will keep up with our active lifestyle but not necessarily “performance”. I won’t be hunting or running agility with my dog. We live in south Florida and I cannot find one around here.

·
Miley's Mommy
1 Posts
Thank you. I actually manage a vet clinic so I am aware that all fields are not red but I am partial to red. It’s just my preference. I have a three year old and a newborn and my dog is 9 years old. My dog is very much your typical golden companion however still at 9 he has the endurance of a 2 year old. I’m looking for a puppy that will keep up with our active lifestyle but not necessarily “performance”. I won’t be hunting or running agility with my dog. We live in south Florida and I cannot find one around here.
Did you ever find one? Check out Earley Goldens in Eustis, Florida. We’re getting our boy there this summer.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Did you ever find one? Check out Earley Goldens in Eustis, Florida. We’re getting our boy there this summer.
They do not appear to be doing appropriate OFA health clearances. This is the sire of one of the litters.
He only appears to have Penn hip done and genetic testing.
Not a breeder I would recommend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts