Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have a red field golden who was a rescue- I’m looking for another. Can anyone recommend a breeder for actual red field Goldens? My dog is tall, thin and short hair with no undercoat. I can’t seem to find any breeder to meet all of these attributes.

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,894 Posts
Welcome, your boy is a good looking boy.

I moved your thread into the Choosing a GR Breeder and puppy section so you would get more views and replies.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Field-type golden retrievers actually come in all colors. The field breeders I know are less likely to care about color than any other attribute.

Are you looking for a companion? A puppy as a possible performance dog? Your location? That information will help us guide you better than anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I actually manage a vet clinic so I am aware that all fields are not red but I am partial to red. It’s just my preference. I have a three year old and a newborn and my dog is 9 years old. My dog is very much your typical golden companion however still at 9 he has the endurance of a 2 year old. I’m looking for a puppy that will keep up with our active lifestyle but not necessarily “performance”. I won’t be hunting or running agility with my dog. We live in south Florida and I cannot find one around here.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Reactions: Prism Goldens

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help! I actually know about them through working with Everglades Golden Retriever Rescue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts