Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wanting to know what toys people give their goldens and what they would recommend. Leo loves his toys but I just find that there isn't any toys he doesn't tear apart but he has fun doing it and that is the main thing :). The only toy I have given him that he hasn't wrecked is his Kong, are there any toys that people have bought that they would recommend for Leo that are hardy and durable and are very hard to wreck.

· Registered
1,786 Posts
My Chance loves wubbas. Have you tried it yet? Wubba is made by the Kong company and is also very durable. They come with quite a few different coverings now. Chance loves to swing it around. And the squeakers are buried very deep withing the toy. He has never removed a squeaker from a wubba. He finds and removes squeakers from some of the cheaper toys in the first few minutes. The Large or XL size would be good for a Golden.
Wubba Dog Toy | For tossing and tugging dog games | Kong Company

· Registered
1,745 Posts
The Paw-zzle ball is very durable. Highly recommended by both me and Bryley! Mine is a destructo-dog, no stuffies or even a wubba unless under direct supervision because he will tear it apart. This is obviousley in a different catagory than a stuffie, but he loves it and even at times plays with it by himself!
Here is a link to it at Cabelas, but it is sold elsewhere also.
Cabela's: Paw-zzle Ball

· Registered
850 Posts
Roxy is a toy destroyer but the Cuz family has held up well. The Tuffie toys are the only soft toys she hasn't destroyed.

· Registered
3,504 Posts
I just ordered a couple things from West Paws - bone and ball - that are supposed to be super tuff. I should get them today. I hope she likes them because she is rapidly going through every other toy we have and some are super expensive and "durable".

· Registered
4,542 Posts
I just ordered a couple things from West Paws - bone and ball - that are supposed to be super tuff. I should get them today. I hope she likes them because she is rapidly going through every other toy we have and some are super expensive and "durable".
Molly has a bone and ball from West Paw and unfortunately she doesn't like them at all.. The ball might be too heavy for her and she doesn't care for the bone at all..

· Kristen; Buddy's Human
524 Posts
Buddy absolutely LOVES water bottles lol, he's a cheap doggie! I haven't gotten the stuffed animal covering for a water bottle but I've heard those are popular. He also loves leaves, but for cleaning purposes I'm not a huge fan. :p:

His favorite toy right now is a little stuffed racoon; the head is stuffed but the body contains a crinkley material.

Reactions: xoerika620xo

· Registered
3,504 Posts
Molly has a bone and ball from West Paw and unfortunately she doesn't like them at all.. The ball might be too heavy for her and she doesn't care for the bone at all..
Hope it works out better for Tayla. My Aussie that passed in February and my other Golden were/are not toy driven so I had toys that were 10 years old when we got Tayla. She is breaking the bank with trying to find something she likes and that lasts. The best thing so far are the tug toys I make for her. We can get weeks to months out of one.

· Registered
15 Posts
cooper loves hugglehound toys the best. We like them too they have a great selection of "seasonal" type toys as well.

They are also one of the must durable toys we have found without anytype of material he likes to "pick" at. The hold up well to games of fetch in the house and tug of war.
On occassion we have seen an opening along a seem but a needle and thread makes them good again for quite awhile. They now have one with Xbrace construction that has no seems and supposedly indestructible.
HuggleHounds : Allure Pet Products LLC

· Registered
2,369 Posts
Tuffie toys are fun to play with. They are quite durable, and good for playing tug and fetch. They probably wouldn't last forever with a power chewer though:
Mega Series

Other than that, we really like anything made by chuckit. It pays to shop around too, my daughter found a chuckit shark fin toy for about $4 at Marshalls.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Chuckit-Large-Amphibious-Shark-Colors/dp/B003T0GICM[/ame]

Also, the holee roller balls are great. I still have 2 from when Cookie was a puppy. Leerburg | Hol-ee Roller. Still not a toy to leave alone with a chewer, but we take the large size out and play soccer. Cookie loves that. :)

· Mr. Fancy Pants and Roo
1,123 Posts
I have West Paws balls and they're good and durable but they've very heavy but Dex loves them.

Dex also has a chuck it, a jolly ball, and lots of frisbees (which aren't really durable we have to replace them every three months) which he loves.

· Registered
1,227 Posts
Casper loves the Chuck It Kick Fetch ball. He does't destroy toys, so I can't say exactly how durable it is. He loves balls, especially balls he can jump around and over, like basketballs. This one is good because he can also pick it up and carry it around. I do not kick the thing! It's a good outdoor toy for our rainy weather. It's rubber and canvas but doesn't soak up water.

Amazon.com: Canine Hardware Chuckit Large Kick Fetch Ball Dog Toy: Pet Supplies

Another of Casper's favorite toys is this cotton jute ball. We get them at the local Mud Bay pet store. I can't remember the brand name. The downside is they soak up water and turn hard as a rock if you leave them out in the rain.
Google Image Result for http://www.groomers-online.com/shopimages/products/extras/ACRB.jpg

Casper loves toys and will play with just about anything but hard rubber toys and nylabones. He typically falls asleep with a stuffed animal in his mouth. He's destuffed a couple of toys after the seams fell apart from the toys being carried around so long. He has also figured out that he can remove the squeakers from toys made of thin fabric simply by squeaking the life out of the them. So, squeaky toys need to be made with more durable fabric. (He doesn't try very hard to remove the things.)

· Registered
270 Posts
Casey destroys regular tennis balls, so i got him some chuckit balls...he loves them, and he can't destroy them. just a warning though, they can get REALLY slimy...like super gross and dripping slober! :p:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.