Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bailey Boy~ Best Friend
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please share recommendations for both a dryer, door gate, and actually a dremmel. Christmas is coming a little late and these are priorities I'll be purchasing over the next month!

Be as specific as possible and Thank You!

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Hair dryer or clothing? No idea about the dremel. I buy my baby gates at Walmart overall but have ordered gates for large door ways from Petedge. I use a regular human hairdryer.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Are you looking for permanent mounted gates or temp pressure mounted ones?
I have a permanently mounted one that I got from ToyRUs a decade ago..works just fine but pain in the neck to keep clean..the plastic panels have a diamond cut-out pattern to them...were I to replace them I would prefer one with vertical metal bars..

I like my 2 speed 4 hp Metro Airforce ...its not a highend dryer by any means but is a heck of a workhorse. Fine for three dogs...

Ive always used rechargeable dremels and loved the maneuverability of working with no cord, but frankly got sick of replacing them every 18 months...the batteries just didnt last (for me)...now I use a Dremel4000 with a cord...cord can be a PITA but I dont have to plan to replace it any time soon...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The problem I have had with baby gates is that they are such a pain. I have tried so many different ones but for an inexpensive gate I have some of these from K-Mart, $35. I like how you can leave them open when not in use.
Clothing, Toys, Electronics, Jewelry, Jaclyn Smith - Kmart.com

The reason I like them is because it only takes a total of 3 eye hooks and installation is done, it swings in both directions and has the top bar to keep from pinching fingers. I can't stand the kind that you have to wedge tight in a doorway. I have paid $90 for the kind that have the swinging door within the gate and they never stay in place.

Now if you have a very wide doorway (I have 2 in my livingroom area and like to be able to keep the dogs out of there) I have 2 of these and absolutely adore them. They are quite expensive but very pretty and you don't have to attach them to anything, they just sit zig-zag in place. I have found so many uses for them.
Amazon.com: Primetime Petz 360 Degree Z, Fold Configurable Gate: Pet Supplies

My dremmel....I just went to Lowe's and bought the least expensive electric "real" tool.

For dryer I have Kool Dry which works great but I'm sure there are plenty others that would do just fine. Probably way more than I need.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Our gates are from Drs Foster/Smith and have vertical bars, so easy to clean and are pressure mounted. Wonderful gates and we got the tall ones so no way the kids can jump over.

For dryer I have my old reliable table one (would have to look at the brand). Used it when showing the yorkies, but found I can put it on the edge of the grooming table and leash the goldens to the table, the air works fine.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Our gates are saftey 1st wooden baby gates with wooden slats that go down instead of mesh.

My dog dryer is a K9III and it is fantastic. I have a Newfoundland so he needs it way more than Daisy does. Actually she doesn't like it at all. It's very, very powerful.

I don't have any recommendations on the dremel.

·
Bailey Boy~ Best Friend
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all and keep the suggestions coming!

Liberty Me~ I'm thinking more about the pressure mounted, but, which might you suggest?

I know they are PRICEY - has anyone used the gates from Orvis - pressure mounted ones?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Thanks all and keep the suggestions coming!

Liberty Me~ I'm thinking more about the pressure mounted, but, which might you suggest?

I know they are PRICEY - has anyone used the gates from Orvis - pressure mounted ones?
We just bought this one:

Wide Metal Dog Gate / Wrought-Iron Door Frame Gate -- Orvis

It was pricey, but after just renovating our kitchen, I just could not find a baby gate I liked. It you buy the extensions, you will need some extra nuts to hold them tight to the gate. Otherwise, we were happy with it. It is well made.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I have a cordless version of the actual Dremel brand, and before that I had the Pet Edge brand grinder. I really liked both of them. I bought an Oster brand too but do not like it at all. Total waste of money for me.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I have three of these gates:

Amazon.com: Regalo Easy Step Walk Thru Gate, White: Baby

The quality is great. In fact, they've held up to many 8 year-old boys crashing into them. I found an identical model at one of those odd lot stores for $15 once, so it pays to look around.

For dremeling, I use this one:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-1100-N-25-7-2-Volt-Lithium-Ion/dp/B002BAHF7I/ref=sr_1_17?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1326993566&sr=1-17[/ame]

I like the grip on it, and it holds a charge for probably a month's worth of nail trimming.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
All from Pet Edge: I have a two speed metro air force commander dryer... love it, dremel(prefer the plug in to my rechargeable, the plug in is stronger and has more speeds). I also have a "mini" metro, not very powerful... My grooming tables are from Pet Edge and I love the anti fatigue mats(for the grooming tables) from them as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts