Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow golden lovers! I tend to try to be super careful about what I'm going to get for my puppy since I haven't gotten it yet so I have yet to experience the proper toys that work or not other than from word of mouth. I was hoping to get some advice in regards to what kind of chew toys would be best/most safe for an 8 week old puppy that won't hurt their teeth or risk breaking their teeth. I hear lots of mixed reviews about most nylabone products so what would you guys recommend? I've also heard stories of the edible chews giving puppies stomachaches and throwing up, etc. I am definitely getting a kong toy but I was hoping to have more options and any kind of knowledge is appreciated in general from those of you who have already "been there done that". Thanks in advance and hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

·
Registered
112 Posts
We use benebone sticks for our dogs. Our dogs love them. We do watch them closely to make sure they stay in good condition. We haven't had any issues. We use stuffed kongs only in their kennel. They have softer puppy nylabones you can use until they get adult teeth.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Only enough benebones have not been of any interest at all to our pup, I got them because the breeder recommended them, soft plush toys are a big favorite here especially long leggy foxes of different sized and squirrels with bushy tales. :) and balls of all shapes and sizes.
Addy chooses her preference for the day :)
The puppy in her crate has been a lifesaver, she happily cuddles up with it for a nap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts