Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just moved from NYC to the Bay Area (San Jose, CA)! Nala just turned 9 months old and has been pretty well behaved for the most part. We still need to work on polite greetings (not jumping on people), impulse control, and confidence building. She has always been extremely confident but has been more easily startled these past couple weeks. There has been a lot of changes in her life recently so it’s very understandable.

I’m hoping to enroll her in some obedience classes and/or personal training. I’ve always found it difficult to navigate the process of finding a trainer. In NYC, we took two group lessons ($350 for four 1 hr classes) and an hour of personal training ($250) through Andrea Arden. I’m hoping to not pay this much going forward as I would like to be able to take courses more consistently. Not sure what the going rates are for the Bay Area. Let me know if you have any recommendations! Thank you in advance!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

·
Super Moderator
2,527 Posts
We just moved from NYC to the Bay Area (San Jose, CA)! Nala just turned 9 months old and has been pretty well behaved for the most part. We still need to work on polite greetings (not jumping on people), impulse control, and confidence building. She has always been extremely confident but has been more easily startled these past couple weeks. There has been a lot of changes in her life recently so it’s very understandable.

I’m hoping to enroll her in some obedience classes and/or personal training. I’ve always found it difficult to navigate the process of finding a trainer. In NYC, we took two group lessons ($350 for four 1 hr classes) and an hour of personal training ($250) through Andrea Arden. I’m hoping to not pay this much going forward as I would like to be able to take courses more consistently. Not sure what the going rates are for the Bay Area. Let me know if you have any recommendations! Thank you in advance!
View attachment 894875
Bummer. You're in the South Bay. If you were in the East Bay, I'd have recommendations for you.

Reactions: NaughtyNala
1 - 4 of 4 Posts