Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Recently afraid

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CCoopz 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.
My boy Quinn will be 4 in September. He’s come a very long way with his training. He was a handful as a puppy, very independent and very headstrong. He became a therapy dog almost 3 years ago. I socialized him very early on and he was never afraid of anything.
Recently however he’s become afraid of fireworks , thunder, big trucks, car rides and even going to the vet.
Has anyone had this situation with their dogs ?
This is my third golden. My first two hated thunder and vet etc but Quinn never cared until recently . Does anyone have any suggestions ?
Thank you.

#2 ·
Hi, nope no ever experienced it nor am I super experienced in Golden’s, sorry, but I read discussions on here regularly to broaden my knowledge to best look after my golden.

When a golden’s behaviour changes with no easily identifiable reason it is often recommended on the forum to get their thyroid checked. Get a panel of tests on their hormones, and for tick born diseases. Might be worth using the search function on the forum to look into that, while hoping some more experienced forum members come forward with advice.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.