Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cooper is such a ham! We caught this special on Golden Retrievers on Animal Planet the other day. He stayed glued to the TV for an hour! Silly boy, no one can make me smile like he does :)
Does anyone else have a pup that loves TV?

Attachments

·
Loki's mommy
188 Posts
Loki loves football. The day we brought him home there was a game on and he loved it. Ever since then he sits on the couch and watches all the games with me.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
My Sammy is obsessed with the TV when there are animals of any sort on the screen. He will run up to the TV and get really close and sniff and stare.. he loves seeing dogs on the TV, but pretty much any animal gets that reaction from him. He has no interest in the TV if it's just humans or a regular show on though.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
That is the cutest picture. Chester will watch TV once in awhile, if a dog is barking and once he was watching tennis on tv and jumped up and tried to get the ball. Goofy dog!! Murphy so far is not into tv watching, but he is just a baby.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
Our dogs have been known to watch the TV for a moment or 2 when they hear dogs barking. There was 1 commercial always on over the Xmas season (here in Canada) that had a hippopotamus singing.........it drove Austin crazy. He would sit and bark at the TV whenever it came on.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Sammy is obsessed with the TV when there are animals of any sort on the screen. He will run up to the TV and get really close and sniff and stare.. he loves seeing dogs on the TV, but pretty much any animal gets that reaction from him. He has no interest in the TV if it's just humans or a regular show on though.

Coop is mostly the same way. He will usually watch for a few and then go find a toy or something. The dog specials on animal planet keep him enthralled for hours though! Whenever a commercial would come on, he'd look at me like I made the dogs go away, it was hilarious!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Our dogs have been known to watch the TV for a moment or 2 when they hear dogs barking. There was 1 commercial always on over the Xmas season (here in Canada) that had a hippopotamus singing.........it drove Austin crazy. He would sit and bark at the TV whenever it came on.
That is hilarious! Isn't it funny, the random things that grab their attention?

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
super cute!! I know, I feel the same way about Max when it comes to laughing. He does watch some TV. When he heard a child throwing a tantrum on TV or a woman screaming with fear in a horror movie, he was visibly distressed.

Did you know that TV just looks like a bunch of still images to dogs? I used to leave the TV on for Willow for company when she was younger so now I learn that was kind of a waste. Oh well. I read that in a kids educational animal magazine so it must be true!!

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
That's so cute!

Daisy doesn't much care about what's on the TV anymore, I think she's learned it's not real. But when she was a puppy like your Cooper, she saw a bear on TV ... she went nuts trying to get to it. She'd go down the hall, to the back bedrooms, over and over. I couldn't figure out at first what she was doing but she was trying to get to the bear on the TV, maybe thinking there was a back way in LOL

Puppies are precious :heartbeat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts