Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day, can you please share advise regarding raw egg and shell feeding.
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
4,448 Posts
I have given Honey raw and cooked eggs. I've never given her the shell. Hopefully other members will respond to your question.

·
Super Moderator
629 Posts
It is completely safe and healthy to feed the egg and the shell. We crack the raw egg over Denver’s food and leave the egg shell in there too. Many raw diets incorporate raw eggs and the shell too. Lots of omegas and vitamins in the whole thing. Denver loves them!

·
Registered
634 Posts
You can give them the shell but make sure you crack it. Also, since I do give the shell I only give organic cage free eggs to mine because who knows what they spray on shell of regular egg.

·
where the tails wag
13,345 Posts
I give my dogs eggs & shells :) Raw eggs go into their feed with cracked shells, if I cook eggs for me & them I just toss the shells into their veggie mixture & blend it (don't want raw eggs in my VitaMix LOL ))

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope so! Thank you
It is completely safe and healthy to feed the egg and the shell. We crack the raw egg over Denver’s food and leave the egg shell in there too. Many raw diets incorporate raw eggs and the shell too. Lots of omegas and vitamins in the whole thing. Denver loves them!

Thank you
You can give them the shell but make sure you crack it. Also, since I do give the shell I only give organic cage free eggs to mine because who knows what they spray on shell of regular egg.

Thank you x

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,511 Posts
Most done realize that it's pretty difficult for dogs to get salmonella from their food. There system is designed for then to eat carrion (rotting/decaying meat). There food is in their stomach for ~5 hours where for people it's about an hour. This allows the acids in the stomach to kill the bacteria making it hard to contact.

When you see recalled dog food, it's mostly a recall to protect people not the dogs. Young kids and elderly people or sick people with compromised immune systems are the main reason of the recalls.

There's also no such thing as a voluntary recall. The FDA allowed the companies use that term to help save face but it's either they recall or get slapped with heavy fines (up to 1 million a day from the FTC if they get involved)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts