Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lila - 9 weeks old. This was first time she tried to eat some raw meat, from the bone we've got from Bonni. She loved it right from the beginning.
We don't feed our goldens with raw diet, only on occasions.
But, I think that if the raw food diet is well balanced and does not contain excessive protein, excessive calcium and/or phosphorous, there should be no problem feeding your golden with raw food. They love it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Actually, Kia doesn't like raw meat for some reason - so when we first offered the bone to Kia, she only smelled it and left it, so Lila went right to the feast!!! After Lila ate for about half an hour, Kia gave it another thought and took it away from Lila. :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Very cool :cool: . I'm gonna have to get one for Daisy. Maybe it will curb her biting a bit. She was all riled up tonight. I think it has something to do with this being her first day home alone. She just couldn't calm down. I guess she was lonely all day.

This better slow down soon, as I'm running out of clothing!:eek:

I'm glad that the girls liked the bone. Let me know when you're ready for another one.

Later,
Bonni

·
Registered
414 Posts
Some claim that food should be raw since processing kills the enzymes that are beneficial to digs digestion, however that is a whole different discussion.

Those bones are great. I go to a butcher shop and ask for bones and he will pull out a couple of those and will cut them down to any length I want. I can get 6 or 7 6 inch marrow bones for about $2.50 CDN.

Cheap treat, good for the teeth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts