Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I feed my 9month old retriever raw eggs?..like with out boiling it..just break open and pour it into his bowl.
Thanx!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Feed the shell too. Eggs are natures "perfect" food when fed complete.

Raw or cooked I think no matter, neither have done any harm here.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Both my dogs love raw eggs. The older one likes me to crack it some into his bowl with shell. The golden has been munching on them since 8 months of age. She usually eats one outside on the deck. She has figured out how to crack it and remove all the goodies without much mess then finishes off the the shell. First time I gave her one she didn't know what to do with it and just slammed her paw on it. Made a mess so was happy we were outside.

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,197 Posts
A lot of people I know give their dogs raw eggs.
I normally boil or scramble eggs for my guys, I've never given them the shell.

I get my eggs from my neighbor, she has chickens so I am lucky enough to get fresh ones whenever I want.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Outside as in outside the house right?
And even if I just give it to him without cracking the shell,it would be fine right?
Lastly,if they eat the shell..would it cause any harm?

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I've owned dogs and chickens for years, so all the dogs have eaten lots of eggs. The egg shells won't hurt them at all - they are full of calcium and are good for the dogs. And I'd never give the dogs an egg in the house as they are rather messy. The white and the yolk get everywhere. Eggs seem to make the coats very shiny.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
The dogs only got eggs as a treat, not as a major part of their diet. I only ever gave them one or two a week, though I have friends who give them one a day.

·
Registered
14,284 Posts
I give Max a raw egg every day, mixed in his supper. Once in a while I give him the whole egg - and I've given it to him inside, but he'll carry it to the door and take it outside to eat. He's been known to "teach" other dogs how to crack it and get the good stuff, then eat the shell.

·
Glynis
2,534 Posts
I like to give Harley his egg as a treat totally separate from his meals so that it is something special. He gets his raw, whole and cracks it himself. Eats the lot. He has about 4 or 5 a week and eats them outside. Such a fantastic source of nutrition for them. My cats like raw eggs too, but not in the shells lol - they like them gently beaten in a china dish!

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I started adding one raw egg every other day when Ben was 6 months old, because he was starting to blow his puppy coat and the coat was a bit dry. He is 2 years old now and I am still adding one raw egg every other day and he coat looks great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts