Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got a marrow bone for my 11 month old (the middle hard part between the 2 knuckles)

- is it better/safer on the teeth to give it to her refrigerated or frozen?

- how do you get the marrow out? I heard it can cause tummy issues so I want to take some out. When I got it, feels pretty frozen as I cant just scoop the marrow out as some users have mentioned.

Thanks!
wave:

·
Musician/Songwriter
380 Posts
Straight from the freezer. Marrow and all for me. I wouldn't give a kid an ice cream cone with no ice cream.:D Darby loves em, and it's a great tool to use for shoring up the no resource guarding too. It truly is a prized possession.:) My brothers breeder where he got his dog told him to give the dog 1 small one a week. At 6 years old, the dog has the teeth of a 1 year old.

·
Registered
869 Posts
People often comment about our dogs teeth and I really feel it is the raw bones! :) We give all our guys bones once a week or so and they are frozen when we give them.

If you let the puppy chew on the bone too much when you first give it to him, yes it can cause a tummy upset. If you allow him to chew for 15 minutes or so at a time and then refreeze, his tummy will build up the necessary enzymes to handle the fat/marrow and not develop any cases of the runs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts